The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global HIV/AIDS market. The report also provides insight on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring significant shift in the market positioning of the existing market leaders.
Online PR News – 28-April-2010 – – Dallas, TX: ReportsandReports announce it will carry HIV/AIDS - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016 Market Research Report in its Store.
GlobalData's report, “HIV/AIDS – Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016” is an essential source of information and analysis on the global HIV/AIDS market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global HIV/AIDS market. The report also provides insight on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring significant shift in the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight on the pipeline products within the global HIV/AIDS sector. GlobalData estimated the HIV/AIDS market was worth $12 billion in 2009. The global Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection market will continue to grow between 2009 and 2016 at a slower rate due to a series of patent expiries during this period. The growth rate is likely to decline from 2012 onwards due to the impact of the patent expiry of key drugs. The market is characterized by a high unmet need of drugs which can cure the disease. Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy (HAART) which requires patients to take different classes of drugs has however succeeded in achieving near zero levels of HIV in infected people. Increased uptake of HAART and increasing awareness (which leads to increased treatment seeking) will drive the market. The pipeline for HIV is strong and consists of more than 250 molecules currently in development for various disease segments.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
- Annualized global HIV/AIDS market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for seven years to 2016.
- Geographies covered in this report are the United States (US), the United Kingdom (UK), Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across phases by mechanism of action, and the emerging trends. The key classes of mechanism of action include HIV vaccines, Nonnucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NNRTIs), Protease Inhibitors (PIs), Multi-class Combination Products, Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NRTIs), CCR5 receptor antagonists, HIV integrase inhibitors, Nucleoside analogues, Viral entry inhibitors, Maturation inhibitors and Fusion Inhibitors.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HIV/AIDS market. The key market players covered Boehring Ingelheim, Achillion Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, Incyte and Pharmasset, Shire Pharmaceuticals and Tibotec Virco
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- The key topics covered include a strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and implications for the future HIV/AIDS market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HIV/AIDS market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global HIV/AIDS market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global HIV/AIDS market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 Table of contents 3
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 5
2 HIV/AIDS Market: Market Characterization 6
2.1 Introduction 6
2.2 Disease Overview 7
2.3 HIV/AIDS Market Size 8
2.4 HIV/AIDS Market Forecast and CAGR 9
2.5 Drivers and Barriers for the HIV/AIDS Market 11
2.5.1 Drivers for the HIV/AIDS Market 11
2.5.2 Barriers for the HIV/AIDS Market 13
2.6 Opportunity and Unmet Need 15
2.7 Key Takeaway 17
3 HIV/AIDS Market: Competitive Assessment 18
3.1 Overview 18
3.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 18
3.3 Product Profiles of the Major Marketed Products in the HIV/AIDS Market 19
3.3.1 Truvada (emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) 19
3.3.2 Atripla (Efavirenz, Emtricitabine, and Tenofovir) 20
3.3.3 Kaletra (Lopinavir/Ritonavir) 21
3.3.4 Reyataz (Atazanavir sulfate) 22
3.3.5 Sustiva (Efavirenz) 23
3.4 Key Takeaway 25
4 HIV/AIDS Market: Pipeline Assessment 26
4.1 Overview 26
4.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 26
4.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 26
4.3 HIV/AIDS Therapeutics – Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 27
4.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 28
4.4.1 Rilpivirine hydrochloride (TMC278) 28
4.4.2 Elvitegravir 29
4.4.3 Apricitabine (ATC) 30
4.4.4 Racivir 31
4.4.5 Elvitegravir/GS-9350/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir (Quad) 31
4.5 HIV/AIDS Therapeutics Market – Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 33
4.6 HIV/AIDS Pipeline – Major Different Classes of Drugs Description 33
4.6.1 Nucleoside/Nucleotide Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NRTIs) 33
4.6.2 Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NNRTIs) 34
4.6.3 Protease Inhibitors (PIs) 34
4.6.4 Viral Fusion (or Entry) Inhibitors 34
4.6.5 HIV Integrase Strand Transfer Inhibitors 34
4.6.6 Multi-class Combination Products 34
4.6.7 CCR5 Receptor Antagonist 35
4.7 HIV/AIDS Pipeline – Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development 36
4.7.1 HIV/AIDS Therapeutics – Phase III Clinical Pipeline 36
4.7.2 HIV/AIDS Therapeutics – Phase II Clinical Pipeline 37
4.7.3 HIV/AIDS Therapeutics – Phase I Clinical Pipeline 39
4.7.4 HIV/AIDS Therapeutics – Preclinical Pipeline 41
4.7.5 HIV/AIDS Therapeutics – Early Development Pipeline 42
4.7.6 Discontinued / Suspended Drugs for HIV/AIDS 43
4.8 Key Takeaway 44
5 HIV/AIDS Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 45
6 HIV/AIDS Market: Future Players in the HIV/AIDS Market 47
6.1 Introduction 47
6.2 Gilead Sciences, Inc 47
6.2.1 Company Overview 47
6.2.2 Financial Performance 47
6.2.3 Business Description 48
6.2.4 Viral Infections Portfolio 48
6.2.5 HIV/AIDS Portfolio 49
6.3 Tibotec Pharmaceuticals Ltd 51
6.3.1 Company Overview 51
6.3.2 Viral Infections Portfolio 51
6.3.3 HIV/AIDS Product Portfolio 51
6.4 Avexa Limited 52
6.4.1 Company Overview 52
6.4.2 Financial Performance 53
6.4.3 Business Description 53
6.4.4 Viral Infections Portfolio 53
6.4.5 HIV/AIDS Product Portfolio 54
6.5 Pharmasset, Inc 54
6.5.1 Company Overview 54
6.5.2 Financial Performance 55
6.5.3 Viral Infections Portfolio 55
6.5.4 HIV/AIDS Product Portfolio 55
6.6 Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc 56
6.6.1 Company Overview 56
6.6.2 Financial Performance 56
6.6.3 Business Overview 56
6.6.4 Viral Infections Portfolio 57
6.6.5 HIV/AIDS Product Portfolio 57
6.7 Incyte Corporation 57
6.7.1 Company Overview 57
6.7.2 Financial Performance 58
6.7.3 Business Description 58
6.7.4 Viral Infections Portfolio 58
6.7.5 HIV/AIDS Product Portfolio 58
6.8 Myriad Pharmaceuticals, Inc 59
6.8.1 Company Overview 59
6.8.2 Financial Performance 59
6.8.3 HIV Portfolio 59
6.8.4 HIV/AIDS Product Portfolio 59
7 HIV/AIDS Market: Appendix 60
7.1 Market Definition 60
7.2 Abbreviations 60
7.3 Research Methodology 62
7.3.1 Coverage 62
7.3.2 Secondary Research 63
7.3.3 Forecasting 63
7.3.4 Primary Research 66
7.3.5 Expert Panels 66
7.4 Contact Us 66
7.5 Disclaimer 66
7.6 Sources 67
Browse the complete Report on: http://www.reportsandreports.com/market-reports/hiv-aids-drug-pipeline-analysis-and-market-forecasts-to-2016/
ReportsandReports comprises an online library of 10,000 reports, in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets, and 25 industry specific websites. Our client list boasts almost all well-known publishers of such reports across the globe. We as a third-party reseller of market research reports employ a number of marketing tools, such as press releases, email-marketing and effective search-engine optimization techniques to drive revenues for our clients. We also provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.
7557 Rambler road,
Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231