Keynote Speakers: Martin Lindstrom, author of Buyology and Graham Atkinson, United Mileage Plus President
Registration Information Available at www.colloquy.com/loyaltysummit
Online PR News – 24-April-2010 – – CINCINNATI (March 25, 2010) – COLLOQUY®, the publishing, education and research division of LoyaltyOne, today announced that its 8th Annual COLLOQUY Loyalty Summit will be held September 15–17, 2010 at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix, AZ. Coinciding with COLLOQUY’s celebration of its 20th anniversary, the Loyalty Summit will feature the launch of the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards.
An invitation-only event designed to bring together the brightest minds in loyalty marketing, the COLLOQUY Loyalty Summit features two full days of educational programming highlighted by keynote presentations from:
• Martin Lindstrom, author of Buyology and one of TIME magazine’s Most Influential People, will present “Truth And Lies About Why We Buy” on Friday, September 17. Convinced that there is a gap between what we think influences our decisions and what actually does, Lindstrom set out on a three-year, $7 million study that employed the very latest cutting-edge neuromarketing brain scan technology and involved over 2,000 volunteers from around the world. Lindstrom will share the data and customer insights behind his groundbreaking research including why so much of what marketers have believed about why consumers buy is wrong.
• Graham Atkinson, President, United Mileage Plus, United Airlines will present “Prepared for Takeoff: A Tailored Loyalty Program Wins One Carrier a United Front” on Thursday, September 16. Atkinson will discuss the challenges of satisfying the needs of United’s 52 million enrolled loyalty members. As some of the leading airline loyalty programs have slipped into autopilot as carriers wrestled with managing through the recession, and importantly, being profitable, United responded with a new and improved MileagePlus program that goes beyond round trips and landing strips to include sophisticated customer relationship marketing and making its currency attractive to its members.
New this year is the addition of the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards that will be presented the evening of Thursday, September 16th. The award categories, entry criteria and rules will be announced on April 13, 2010 at www.colloquy.com/loyaltyawards. Tickets to the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards Ceremony are $200 and can be purchased at www.colloquy.com/loyaltyawards.
Attendance at the COLLOQUY Loyalty Summit is limited to 150 executives at the “early bird” rate of $1,199 until June 30, 2010. To be considered please complete the short form at www.colloquy.com/loyaltysummit.
Other confirmed speakers for the 2010 COLLOQUY Loyalty Summit include:
• Todd Vang, Vice President, Insights and Loyalty, Walgreens
• Morley Ivers, Chief Rewards Officer, RecycleBank
• Anas Osman, Vice President of Marketing Acquisition, Discover Card Financial Services
• Roberto Chade, CEO, dotz (Brazil)
• Denise Yunkun, Director Segment Marketing, FedEx
• Dave Canty, Director of Loyalty and Marketing Partnerships, JetBlue Airways
• Shawn Bloom, General Manager, SCENE LP
• Kelly Hlavinka, Partner, COLLOQUY
• Bryan Pearson, President, LoyaltyOne
“In the post-recession economy, developing enterprise loyalty strategies to transform product-driven organizations into customer focused organizations is more important than ever,” noted COLLOQUY Partner, Kelly Hlavinka. “We’re honored to have once again assembled such an impressive faculty of loyalty-marketing leaders who will be sharing their insights at the COLLOQUY Loyalty Summit.”
COLLOQUY® comprises a collection of publishing, education and research resources devoted to the global loyalty-marketing industry. Owned by LoyaltyOne, COLLOQUY has served the loyalty-marketing industry since 1990 with over 30,000 global subscribers to its magazine and www.colloquy.com the most comprehensive loyalty web site in the world. COLLOQUY’s research division develops research studies and white papers including industry-specific reports, sizing studies and insights into the drivers of consumer behavior. COLLOQUY also provides educational services through workshops, webinars and speeches at events throughout the world and is the official loyalty-marketing partner of both the Direct Marketing Association and the Canadian Marketing Association and a content provider to the American Marketing Association. COLLOQUY also operates the COLLOQUY Network, a global consortium of practitioners certified in COLLOQUY’s proprietary methodology. COLLOQUY magazine subscriptions are available at no cost to qualified persons at www.colloquy.com or by calling 513.248.9184.