Online fundraising software services provider, DoJiggy, announces 2012 award recipients for their annual DoJiggy Givingâ„˘ program, which supports nonprofits and community organizations through cash donations and in-kind fundraising software services.
Online PR News – 07-January-2013 – Boulder, CO – Online fundraising software services provider, DoJiggy, announces 2012 Award Recipients for their annual DoJiggy Givingâ„˘ program, which supports nonprofits and community organizations through cash donations and in-kind fundraising software services based on a percentage of the companyâ€™s annual profits.
This year, the DoJiggy Giving Program distributed $3,500 in cash awards to five non-profit organizations operating in North America with a budget of under $1 Million USD. Award recipients were selected based on the following criteria: (1) Overview of the organizationâ€™s cause and need for financial support (2) Purpose of funding including: goals, planned activities, and timeline for implementation (3) Expected results during funding period and evaluating measures of success.
$1000 awards were presented to the following organizations:
- Gabrielâ€™s Angels delivers healing pet therapy to abused, neglected and at-risk children by instilling in children an overall emotional sense of well-being, safety and happiness. The organization will use funds to train pet therapy teams.
- Mainstay Inc. offers safety, support and assistance to families experiencing the emotional and physical pain of family violence and to provide an opportunity to work toward mending their lives and creating violence free homes. Funds from the award will be used to support crisis and shelter services.
$500 awards were presented to the following organizations:
- Roots of Development helps impoverished communities in Haiti obtain the resources they need to sustainably manage their own development. Funds from the DoJiggy grant will be used to restore access to potable water and building protective structures to prevent future damage.
- The HALO Foundation empowers youth in the greatest need to become contributing members of their communities by enhancing the living conditions and providing art therapy for orphans and at-risk youth worldwide. Funds from the award will go towards funding a 4-month program of Art Therapy in Uganda.
- InStride Therapy aims to improve the physical and/or neurological status of individuals with physical and mental disabilities through pet therapy sessions with horses. Funds will be used to support one child with special needs by providing hippotherapy sessions.
â€śThe decision was difficult with more than thirty applications highlighting amazing efforts from a wide range of non-profit organizations,â€ť said Lisa Bennett, program director. â€śWeâ€™d like to congratulate award winners and thank all groups who submitted applications for their dedication to making the world a better place.â€ť
When selecting award recipients, DoJiggy reviews the required criteria, but also strives to award organizations with diverse missions and goals. This yearâ€™s award candidate pool includes: developmental projects in poverty-stricken regions, programs to enrich the lives of orphans through art therapy, treatment of at-risk and mentally ill children through pet therapy, and offering assistance to families experiencing the pain of family violence. Learn about the DoJiggy Giving program and online fundraising with DoJiggy.
Founded in 2003 and based in Boulder, Colorado, DoJiggy is a leading provider of easy, affordable, online fundraising and event management solutions for nonprofits, schools, churches and community organizations. Using the DoJiggy suite, customers implement online fundraising and event management with tools designed for golf tournaments, online donations, charity events, auctions, walkathons and online pledge collections. Today the company helps more than 1,400 customers to plan and execute fundraising events and initiatives more effectively. www.DoJiggy.com