AudioEducator Presents Live Audio Conferences - Medical Documentation In The Era Of ICD-10, Grey Zone Of Pediatric Coding, CMS 855-B And Lot More To Hear This January!
Online PR News – 08-January-2013 – Durham, NC – AudioEducator is the country's top healthcare training provider of business-enhancing information. We focus on training healthcare professionals to do their jobs better without travelling or expending any additional effort, by providing trainings in the form of audio/Voice conferences by a coding veteran, and get tips & strategies on CPT® changes, documentation challenges, and other guidelines on E/M, modifiers, OIG work plan, and fee schedule.
Medical Documentation in the Era of ICD-10: Expert speaker Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CCS, will present this audio event on Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 1pm ET. The presenter will walk you through:
• The importance of documentation in the medical record for compliance reasons.
• Documenting completely so that ICD-10 codes can be chosen at the highest level of specificity.
• How to document completely but efficiently – it does not have to be a book to get your point across.
• How are the ICD-10 codes different than ICD-9 codes and how that will effect a provider’s documentation.
• What are some of the audit blunders practices may find themselves in, when going through a review of their documentation, compared to the ICD-10 code chosen.
For more info & registration, visit http://www.audioeducator.com/medical-coding-billing/medical-documentation-and-icd-10-011713.html
The Grey Zone of Pediatric Coding: This is a 60-minute audio event, presented by coding veteran Jen Godreau, BA, CPC, CPMA, and CPEDC, scheduled for Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 1pm ET. Take a look at what you’ll learn:
• Office services, when is it appropriate to use modifier 25. Everyone uses it how can this be a grey area?
• Modifier 59: How to document the grey out of your note?
• Counseling and coordinating care - seems straight forward but there is grey in some areas.
• Use of Non-physician practitioners - too many grey areas to count but each must have compliant documentation.
• Critical care guidelines are fairly extensive but do not cover all situations leaving some grey areas in this code set’s use.
• Sports physicals: There’s no specific CPT code so advice runs the gamut. What should you do?
• Medical necessity a nebulous term – How can you define it better in the documentation.
For more info & registration, visit http://www.audioeducator.com/pediatrics/pediatric-coding-and-billing-011713.html
Understanding the CMS 855-B: This is a 60-minute power packed event presented by expert speaker Duane Abbey, Ph.D., scheduled for Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 1pm ET.
Agenda of the conference is as follows:
• Understand the process of obtaining and maintaining billing privileges for Medicare.
• Identify the CMS Form 855-B and the six different variations, how they relate to one another, and how they are different.
• Understand the data elements and information requirement for the CMS 855-B.
• Recognize the need for CMS to gather appropriate information concerning ownership, management and operations for billing purposes.
• Develop organizational resources to maintain multiple CMS 855-B forms.
• Highlight how the NPIs and other reporting requirements affect the CMS-855-B.
• Acknowledge the use of PECOS for Internet-based filing of the CMS-855 forms.
• Appreciate current and anticipated changes for maintaining billing privileges with Medicare.
• Work through several case studies involving different organizational structures.
For more info, you can log on to http://www.audioeducator.com/hospitals-and-health-systems/understanding-the-cms-855-b-01-22-13.html
To learn more about other updates events for more than 20 specialties, please visit http://www.audioeducator.com/hot-topics/coding-updates.html You can also call Adam K at 1-866-458-2965 or e-mail Adam at email@example.com.