M4502 is a USB Type-A Network switch with Remote Control has an optional Wide Range Power Module for International applications.
Online PR News – 17-April-2010 – – Electro Standards Laboratories, Cranston, RI, offers the Model 4502 USB Type-A A/B Switch with Remote Control and an optional Wide Range Power Module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz. Users can select the Wide Range Power Module in place of the standard 115VAC or 120VAC power module. The Model 4502 is a rugged switch with an all-aluminum desktop enclosure that provides EMI/RFI shielding. The switch allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A & B, via connection through a device connected to the Common port of the switch.
The Model 4502 may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from an RS232 serial port located on the rear panel. Switch position states may be attained via the front panel LED display or the remote RS232 serial port (DB9) located on the rear panel.
The Model 4502 is packed with features:
1) The A, B, and COMMON ports are Type-A USB connectors. All signals are supported.
2) The switch ports are transparent to all data.
3) The front panel pushbutton control can be locked out remotely.
4) Remote control is via RS232 serial data commands to the DB9 Remote port.
5) Remote commands may also obtain switch status (switch position and lockout status).
6) Front panel LEDs display the current switch position and power status.
7) The unit maintains the last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
8) A rugged aluminum desktop enclosure provides EMI/RFI shielding.