The John Lewis Fashion Advisers will be welcoming women for Dress to Impress Consultations during November and December, as part of the nationwide Fashion Advice Service.
Online PR News – 13-April-2010 – – Amanda Slader, Chief Fashion Adviser at John Lewis, says, “The office Christmas party outfit can be the ‘stress dress’ of the year, with many hours spent debating on the best possible look for the occasion.”
“The consultations will help women master the art of party dressing for a promotion. Looking the part could help secure your next step up the career ladder.”
Slader continues, “Women are often asking questions such as how high should my hem be, or what style dress should I wear? It’s really quite complicated – but once you know ‘The Party Rules’ it’s actually quite simple.”
The Party Rules:
• Shoes: Heels are a must – they make you feel more powerful and confident. A 3 ½ inch heel is perfect; any higher and you will start wobbling. TOP TIP – spray a little hairspray inside your shoes to help prevent your feet slipping.
• Bag in a bag: When you arrive carry an oversized, leather bag to hold all your party pieces then swap it for a sparkly evening clutch as the party kicks off. TOP TIP – wipe your handbag with clear furniture polish for a clean finish.
• Tights: Coloured or patterned tights are perfect to jazz up a festive outfit. TOP TIP – always carry an extra pair with you but, just in case, wash your tights in water and a little liquid starch, to strengthen the fibres and help prevent ladders.
• Dresses: Hemline and cleavage rules: never have your hemline more then five inches above your knee; show some flesh up top but never reveal more then ½ inch of cleavage. TOP TIP – spray some hairspray on the hem of your dress or skirt to prevent it ‘riding up’.
• Shrug or jacket; Opt for a beaded, sequinned or sparkly shrug this season. This is perfect for covering up while you’re walking to and from the office party or for some sparkle in the day. TOP TIP – for the ultimate investment buy, add a black sparkly shrug to your wardrobe to pair with any colour dress.
John Lewis, ‘Britain’s favourite retailer 2008’ typically stocks more than 350,000 separate lines. The website stocks more than 40,000 lines focused on the best of home and giftware, electrical items including online exclusives and fashion brands. Johnlewis.com is consistently ranked one of the top online shopping destinations in the UK.