Leading provider of trade show exhibits, Skyline Exhibits has announced publication of Successful Exhibiting Strategies in Uncertain Times to help trade show exhibitors succeed
Online PR News – 12-April-2010 – – ST. PAUL, MINN. -- Skyline Exhibits, leading designer and builder of modular and portable trade show displays, announces the publishing of an updated version of their popular 16-page white paper, Successful Exhibiting Strategies in Uncertain Times.
In this updated, free white paper, top trade show exhibits industry educator Marc Goldberg shares his best ideas on how exhibitors can survive, and even thrive, amidst the economic uncertainty.
Interested trade show exhibitors can request a copy of the updated strategic report, which includes:
The Value Of Trade Shows
The first section of Successful Exhibiting Strategies in Uncertain Times proves the value of trade shows in three ways:
1. How trade shows were slowed down by the economic downturn, but that trade show exhibiting is still a valued, and valuable marketing medium.
2. Research findings and statistics that bolster the value of trade shows, such as how trade shows attract highly qualified buyers, who feel trade shows influenced their buying decisions.
3. Reasons that trade shows provide strong marketing value unavailable from other marketing mediums, such as the ability to get face-to-face in trade show booths with high-level buyers than sales calls.
17 Strategies For Getting The Most Out Of Trade Shows
Having proved the value of trade shows, in the second section of the report, author Marc Goldberg provides 17 proven strategies to get even better results, culled from his 25 years of trade show marketing training:
1. Make Trade Shows a Part of Your Integrated Marketing Communications Plan: Four questions to determine your strategy and tactics.
2. Exhibit for the Right Reasons: Four key objectives that matter for top management.
3. Proactively Evaluate the Shows in Which You Participate: Six criteria exhibitors use to select shows…and the three that matter now.
4. Evaluate the Space You Occupy Versus Your Objectives: Spend only just enough to achieve your marketing goals.
5. Focus on the Budgeting Objective: Reducing Your Cost of Ownership: Six non-productive places you should spend less on.
6. Invest in Graphics: The value graphics provides in boosting your results.
7. It’s the Quality of the Audience, Not the Quantity: Why a drop in attendance could be a good thing.
8. Focus on Your Targeted Audience: Finding tactics that will get your target audience in your trade show booth.
9. Don’t Rely on Traditional Selling Techniques: Waiting for attendees to walk into your trade show exhibits doesn’t work anymore – so here’s what does.
10. Use 1:1 Relational Concepts: How to make an in-booth experience more meaningful to your best prospects.
11. Invest in a Motivated Staff: Six elements of a good trade show booth staffer.
12. Recruit Management as Part of Your Exhibiting Team: What management can do to help, rather than hinder your trade show program.
13. Exhibiting is Not Just Collecting Names or Swiping Badges: Avoid the pitfalls of focusing on numbers rather than quality.
14. Create a 'Follow-up TEAM': Make a plan to take full advantage of your leads, the most valuable outcome of the show.
15. What is Your Measure of Success? Measure the Results: Eight things worth measuring, and ten things to report about each show to your management.
16. Plan to Work the Show Every Moment the Show is Open: Why and how to squeeze more value from your trade show investment beyond what happens in your trade show displays.
17. Think Bigger – Think Beyond the Trade Show Floor: Four effective places to event market outside of trade shows.
The updated White Paper shows that the answer to thriving during an economic downturn, or even during an economic recovery, is not to avoid exhibiting altogether, but instead to exhibit smarter. With the 17 strategies for boosting your trade show results in Successful Exhibiting Strategies in Uncertain Times, trade show exhibitors will be better prepared to do better at trade shows no matter what the economy brings.
About Skyline Exhibits:
"Skyline Exhibits is North America's leading brand of exhibit systems. Known for high-quality manufacturing, cost-saving portability, innovative functionality, creative design and exhibitor education, Skyline has nearly 100 Design Centers in North America and representation in 38 countries." The company manufactures a broad range of products for trade shows and events -- from banner stands and pop-up displays to large custom modular exhibits. With 20 integrated exhibit systems, state-of-the-art production of large-format graphics and options for exhibit rental and services, Skyline provides exhibit solutions for virtually any size or budget.