QlikTech, a leading business intelligence company, today announced the immediate availability of QlikView for iPad at the Gartner Business Intelligence Summit.
Online PR News – 12-April-2010 – – Bangalore, April 12, 2010 – QlikTech, a leading business intelligence company, today announced the immediate availability of QlikView for iPad at the Gartner Business Intelligence Summit. This mobile, interactive enterprise business intelligence solution provides mobile professionals access to decision-critical information through an intuitive touch interface. Built from the ground up to support the Apple iPads’s native multi-touch interface, QlikView for iPad takes mobile business intelligence to a new level of touch-based interactivity, enabling freeform exploration of business data without the limits of static reporting. With QlikView for iPad, business users on the go can access the exact information they need, when they need it. This is in contrast to competitive offerings that merely serve up static, web-based reports and do not allow users the interactivity they require to get timely answers. A free download of QlikView for iPad is available from Apple’s App Store on iTunes. Gartner BI Summit attendees can view the demo at QlikView booth F, others can watch the video.
QlikView for iPad supports native iPad functionality to provide a powerful, intuitive and interactive mobile business intelligence experience. Its iPad-specific features include:
• Multi-Touch Analytics — Touch, pinch or swipe to select data points.
• Coverflow — Flip through relevant business analysis, make a new selection and those changes are instantly reflected throughout.
• High-Definition Graphics — View the sharpest visualizations at native iPad screen resolutions.
• Portrait and Widescreen Support — Uses iPad’s accelerometer to auto-sense the device’s orientation and shifts QlikView’s interface to match.
• GPS-enabled (iPad 3G only) — Automatically detect geographic location to select localized information such as customer sales, service or inventory data as users approach a customer or supplier facility.
• Integrated Analytics Sharing —Touch the email button on the upper-right of any screen view and share your analyses with anyone.
Consolidate, Search and Visualize All Your Enterprise Data on the Go
QlikView for iPad empowers mobile business users to consolidate disparate data sources, search associatively, and visualize and analyze answers to critical business questions. With QlikView for iPad, users benefit from true mobile self-service, so they can easily create their own views of their data. Highlights include:
• Associative Search — Touch the search box, enter a few letters of your search criteria and watch a comprehensive search selection instantly appear. Select your search word or phrase, and then tap anywhere in the results on the screen to see connections and relationships between data residing in different applications, systems, organizations, and regions.
• All Your Data — QlikView for iPad can combine data from any number of sources with high performance. This provides the fastest way to gain insight into how different parts of a business relate. QlikView achieves this by associating data from any source, such as: transactional systems like Oracle, SAP, salesforce.com; traditional data warehouses like Business Objects, Cognos, Hyperion; and databases like SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL.
• Advanced Visualization — QlikView for iPad gives users the ability to see information in charts, graphs and tables, as well as the ability to interact with those visual analytics in real time. Everything in QlikView for iPad can be tapped, and every touch provides a new view of the underlying data instantly.
• Security — Comprehensive access controls means QlikView for iPad users only see what they are authorized to view.
“QlikView for iPad is a game-changing enterprise app that takes advantage of the innovative features in this much anticipated device,” said Anthony Deighton, SVP Product, QlikTech. "We immediately saw the incredible potential QlikView on the iPad had to address the needs of mobile professionals who needed a larger screen than a smartphone, but didn’t want to carry a full laptop and mouse. The value of interactive, dynamic analytics delivered with a few screen taps can’t be underestimated. We think this is just the beginning of an important category of business analytics, which is why we’re committed to building mobile apps consistent with the overall QlikView experience – fast, efficient and interactive.”
Any Mobile Device, Anywhere
QlikView for iPad is the latest member of QlikView’s comprehensive family of mobile products. QlikView is available for free, as a native mobile application for all QlikView customers. In addition to the iPad, QlikView supports the most popular consumer mobile platforms and devices, such as:
• Apple iPhone 3GS, 3G, original iPhone, and iPod Touch
• Android phones, including: HTC Hero, HTC Magic, Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Droid, Nexus One, Acer Liquid, and Sony Ericsson X10
• Java Mobile Client-based phones, including: the BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Storm, and Nokia S60
QlikTech’s powerful, accessible business intelligence solution enables organizations to make better and faster decisions. Its QlikView product delivers enterprise-class analytics and search with the simplicity and ease of use of office productivity software. The in-memory associative search technology it pioneered makes calculations in real-time enabling business professionals to gain insight through intuitive data exploration. Unlike traditional business intelligence products, QlikView can deliver value in days or weeks rather than months, years, or not at all. It can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or on a laptop or mobile device—from a single user to large global enterprises. QlikTech is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with offices around the world and a network of over 1,100 partners to serve more than 13,000 customers in over 100 countries worldwide.