A survey conducted by shorespeak® in June of 2009 reveals that financial services wholesalers understand the benefits of coaching but have not acted. Most cite time and cost as the primary inhibitors but also admit that procrastination plays a large role.
Online PR News – 06-July-2009 – – In June of 2009 shorespeak®, a company specializing in coaching and training wholesalers and registered representatives, conducted a survey focused on financial services wholesalers and their attitudes about professional coaching.
"So many firms are cutting headcount and giving managers larger divisions than they can realistically handle." said Rob Shore, CEO of shorespeak. "What this means is that wholesalers may not be getting the desired level of coaching and career development that they want, or that their firm would ideally like to provide", Shore said.
In fact the survey revealed that 73% of wholesalers would be interested in coaching, and that 68% have considered hiring a coach, but have not acted.
When asked about reasons for not hiring a coach, 59% cited business coaching as being too expensive while 46% indicated that they haven't made the time.
Interestingly 46% admitted that procrastination was a primary reason for not hiring a coach.
"What this said to us was that there is real need for an affordable, innovative approach to coaching professional wholesalers", Shore explained. "Those results validated the reason why Wholesaler Masterminds was born".
Wholesaler Masterminds brings together a maximum of 15 wholesalers, diversified by product, demographics, and geography, to meet via phone twice per month. During those calls the Masterminds brainstorm issues that are challenging wholesalers today to discover new and creative ways they can become the very best in their profession.
Shore elaborated saying that "one of the other finding of the survey was that wholesalers want to be coached by someone who has been in their shoes; who has carried the bag". "That was another strong motivator for starting Wholesaler Masterminds, as shorespeak brings very specific and relevant experience to its coaching practice", he said.
Open to individual wholesalers or via contract to specific firms, Wholesaler Masterminds will focus on a host of important topics including how to:
• Increase production
• Reach career goals faster
• Work smarter, not harder
• Favorably impress senior management, with an eye toward promotion
• Manage a territory most effectively
• Use time more wisely
Interested wholesalers will need to apply directly through the website. Shore explained that "this program is not designed to accommodate everyone. We are looking for the best that want to get better".
The members of Wholesaler Masterminds will receive:
• Access to likeminded professionals via two calls per month.
• 24/7 access via audio replay of the call that can be downloaded to iPod or Blackberry.
• The latest tips, trends and insights delivered directly via monthly newsletter format.
• A place to exchange thoughts, vent challenges, share ideas, and stay motivated in our Wholesaler Mastermind Forum. This password-protected members-only space also serves as an 'insider’s resource' for excellent articles, links and insights.
• Access to private one-on-one coaching.
• Quarterly thought-leader calls where Wholesaler Mastermind members will have a unique opportunity for special access to industry guest experts.
• Exclusive 'idea labs' with access to expert coaches, to confidentially vet and brainstorm ideas.
Affordable, professional, accessible and effective coaching for financial services professionals is now available at Wholesaler Masterminds.
For more information including cost, FAQ and program details visit http://www.wholesalermasterminds.com