Ideal weather conditions ensure stride and glide continues across the province
Online PR News – 02-April-2010 – – Late season skiing rolls on in British Columbia as many Nordic ski areas continue to report excellent spring conditions. Many trails remain open with good to excellent snow coverage. The month of March brought in substantial amounts of snow which helped ensure that the stride and glide continues into Easter weekend and beyond. There’s still time to enjoy some of the most ideal skiing conditions of the season province-wide.
Here's a running tally of 10 Nordic ski facilities and resorts still maintaining trails and the anticipated closing dates. Some locations may extend or shorten their season, which is entirely weather dependent.
- Black Jack Cross-Country Ski Trials, Rossland: mid-April
- Bulkley Valley Nordic Trails, Smithers: mid-April
- Callaghan Country Wilderness Adventures, Whistler: May 2
- Cypress Mountain, West Vancouver: mid-April
- Dawn Mountain Nordic Ski Trails, Golden: April 9
- Larch Hills Cross-Country Ski Trails, Salmon Arm: mid April 4
- Mount Washington Alpine Resort, near Comox: April 11
- Silver Star Mountain Resort, Vernon : April 4
- Sun Peaks Resort, Kamloops: April 11
- Whistler Olympic Park, Whistler: April 18
For detailed information about spring events and other Nordic trails and destinations in British Columbia, visit www.bcnordic.com.
About BC Nordic:
BC Nordic Marketing Society (BCNMS) is a non-profit organization comprised of Nordic facility operators, ski areas, resorts, and tourism marketing organizations. The organization actively promotes and supports Nordic winter recreation activities such as cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, dog sledding and backcountry skiing at destinations located throughout British Columbia.