Sheryl Thompson, RN Owner, Administrator, and memory care specialist announced that Assured Assisted Living Castle Rock has enlarged its information services to patients suffering from various types of dementia related diseases.
Online PR News – 24-November-2012 – Colorado – Castle Rock, Colorado, December 1, 2012 – Sheryl Thompson, RN Owner, Administrator, and memory care specialist announced that Assured Assisted Living Castle Rock has enlarged its information services to patients suffering from various types of dementia related diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, memory loss, disorientation, reduced judgment, Huntington disease, and vascular or multi-infarct disease caused by multiple strokes in the brain and their family members.
The News and Resources Page has been modified to provide maximum information on various resources and news to dementia afflicted patients and their families in seeking assistance and care to their loved ones in their last days. The Assured Assisted Living Castle Rock resources page contains various resources, caregiver tips, and news & updates highly helpful for such people. The major resources available to patients suffering from memory loss disorders are
• Alzheimer’s Association Colorado Chapter having the Alzheimer’s Association Helpline, 1-800-272-3900, a toll-free number where a trained Helpline specialist is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
• Parkinson’s Association of the Rockies serving the Colorado communities for more than 25 years with 30 support groups and referral hotline.
• The Alzheimer’s Association is the largest and oldest national voluntary health organization.
• Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referal (ADEAR) is part of the National Institute on Aging (NIA) under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, offering valuable information on Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias.
• Alzheimer’s Foundation of America
• National Institute of Health
• Family Caregiving Alliance
• National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
• Alzheimer’s Information Site
• Clinical Trials for Alzheimer’s
The Resources page of Assured Assisted Living Castle Rock also contains several articles highly helpful to people suffering dementia related disorders and their family members. Some of the articles are
• Activities at Home
• Adult Day Centers
• Alzheimer’s Caregiver Stress
• CareFinder Guide
• End of Life Decisions
• Grief, Mourning and Guilt
• Health Care Decisions
• Late Stage Personal Care
• Personal Care
• Respite Care Guide
The Caregiver Tips page contains several pages on various subjects related to caregiving, such as CareFinder Guide, caregiver stress, the right to make health care decisions, understanding stages and symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease, telling others about an Alzheimer diagnosis, etc.
The News & Update page consists of various news items posted by the administration of Assured Assisted Living Castle Rock, such as ‘Computer Program Improves Memory for Older Adults, UCLA Study Finds’, ‘Sleep Problems Up Risk of Alzheimer’s Says Study’, etc. Sheryl Thompson, RN owner and manager of Assured Assisted Living Castle Rock maintained that this enhancement of News & Resources Page in the website will help dementia patients and their families enormously. For more details, contact,
Sheryl Thompson, R.N.,
Assured Assisted Living,
Phone: (303) 814-2688
Fax: (303) 814-2689