Unique gift ideas for alternative holiday shopping. 200 artists from the US will transform 4th Avenue, intersecting Atlantic Avenue, in Downtown Delray Beach into an outdoor art gallery with original fine artwork on display and for sale. Free admission.
Online PR News – 20-November-2012 – Tequesta, FL – Downtown Delray Beach welcomes back it’s signature Thanksgiving Weekend art festival with a wide variety of handmade art, featuring 200 of the finest artists in the country as well as top local and regional talent. This event traditionally held in Pineapple Grove will now take place along NE & SE 4th Avenue, one block north and south of Atlantic Avenue. The artistic media represented include paintings, life size sculptures, photography, glass, wood, jewelry, collage mixed media and ceramics. A portion of the proceeds benefits the Delray Beach Downtown Development Authority. Admission is free and open to the public.
Art Enthusiasts, collectors and holiday shoppers will have the opportunity to explore the original and eclectic mix of art on display and for sale. Timed with the Thanksgiving weekend, the festival presents holiday shoppers an alternative to crowded mall shopping and offers a vast selection for those seeking unique gift items.
“An outdoor art festival is an ideal setting for holiday shopping,” says festival promoter Howard Alan. “You can bypass the busy parking lots, crowded shops and overworked cashiers and actually pick out very unique gifts for practically everyone on your holiday list.”
This two-day juried festival makes the arts accessible to a broad audience and appeals to many tastes and budgets. The prices range from $25 handmade earrings to $50,000 life sized metal sculptures and a vast array of prices and media in between.
The participating artists, juried by an independent panel of expert judges and hand-selected from hundreds of applicants based on quality and diversity, will be on site for the duration of the show and available to discuss their art and inspiration. All of their artwork is original and handmade in America.
• 13th Annual Downtown Delray Beach Thanksgiving Weekend Art Festival
• Saturday & Sunday, November 24 - 25, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
• Intersection of 4th Avenue and Atlantic Avenue in Downtown Delray Beach
• Free Admission
• Unique Gift Ideas for Alternative Holiday Shopping
• Juried outdoor art showcase
• Original Art Handmade in America
• 200 artists from 30 different states
• Prices set to suit all budgets - ranging from as little as $25 to $30,000
• Artists are hand-selected by an independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants
• All artists are on site for duration of festival
• Vast array of artistic media:
o Life Size Sculptures
o Handmade jewelry
o Mixed Media
• A portion of the proceeds benefits the Delray Beach Downtown Development Authority.
• Show producer Howard Alan and various artists are available for advance interviews.
• Photos of art festivals, participating artists and their work are available by contacting AnaBelle Dweck at email@example.com or 954-592-8500.
For additional information on the 13th Annual Downtown Delray Beach Thanksgiving Weekend Art Fest and other Howard Alan Events art and craft shows across the country, visit www.artfestival.com or call 561-746-6615.
About Howard Alan Events, Ltd.:
Howard Alan Events, a Florida-based company, develops and presents art and craft shows throughout the country. For the past 25 years, Howard Alan Events has produced some of the nation’s finest juried art shows, including more than 40 venues each year such as the Downtown Aspen Art Festival (Aspen, CO), Beaver Creek Art Festival (Beaver Creek, CO), Chicago Tribune North Michigan Avenue Art Festival (Chicago, IL), and the Las Olas Art Fairs, (Fort Lauderdale, FL). Several shows are ranked in the top 100 art fairs in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine.