ocratic Strategist Valerie Jarrett Featured on October 30, 2012 at 11 AM PT/2 PM ET on VoiceAmerica Variety Channel
Online PR News – 03-November-2012 – PHOENIX, AZ – Featured on last week’s show was Valerie Jarrett, a democratic strategist and one of the closest friends of Barack and Michelle Obama. Valerie shared her perspective and support of Americans with disabilities, during National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
This episode, along with all past episodes can be found in Joyce Bender’s episode listing at http://www.voiceamerica.com/show/1315/disability-matters.
Bio of Valerie Jarrett:
• Prior to her time in DC, served as the chief executive officer of The Habitat Company.
• Served as co-chair of the Obama-Biden Presidential Transition Team, and senior advisor to Obama's presidential campaign.
• Has held positions in both the public and private sectors, including chairman of the Chicago Transit Board, commissioner of Planning and Development for the City of Chicago, and deputy chief of staff for Mayor Richard M. Daley.
• Practiced law in two private law firms.
• Served as a director of corporate and not-for-profit boards, including chairman of the board of the Chicago Stock Exchange, director of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, and chairman of the University Of Chicago Medical Center Board Of Trustees.
Joyce A. Bender Career Highlights:
• President and CEO of Bender Consulting Services, Inc. and Bender Consulting Services of Canada
www.benderconsult.com or www.benderofcanada.com
• A woman living with epilepsy and a hearing loss
• Advocate for competitive employment for people with disabilities
• Chair of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)
• Immediate Past Chair of the national Epilepsy Foundation
• Recipient of the 1999 President’s Award from President Clinton
• Recipient of the 2003 New Freedom Initiative Award from the Bush Administration
November 6, 2012
Joyce welcomes Phil Gattone, the new CEO of the national Epilepsy Foundation. As November is National Epilepsy Month, Mr. Gattone will discuss the foundation’s efforts to promote public awareness of the condition and end the stigma that is often associated with it.
Disability Matters airs live on Tuesdays at 11 AM Pacific / 1 PM Central / 2 PM Eastern on the VoiceAmerica Variety Channel. To access the show, log on at www.voiceamericavariety.com. All shows will be available in Joyce Bender's Content Library on the VoiceAmerica Variety Channel for on-demand and podcast download.
The VoiceAmericaTM Network offers the latest conversations in a talk radio format, providing education, interaction, and advice on key issues live, on demand as well as through pod cast download. If interested in hosting a talk radio show on VoiceAmerica Network, contact Jeff Spenard, President of Internet Radio at 480-294-6417 or at jeff.spenard @ voiceamerica.com.
Contact Senior Executive Producer Tacy Trump at 480-294-6421 for advertising / sponsorship information or other show details.
About VoiceAmerica/World Talk Radio, LLC:
World Talk Radio, LLC is the world leader in online media broadcasting and the largest producer and distributor of live internet based talk radio and TV, delivering over 1,000 hours of programming weekly on its VoiceAmerica™ Network ( www.voiceamerica.com) and WorldTalk Radio Network ( www.worldtalkradio.com) as well as live and on-demand video content on VoiceAmerica.TV ( www.voiceamerica.tv). Featuring more than 200 hosts broadcasting to eight niche community based channels: its flagship VoiceAmerica™ Variety Channel, VoiceAmerica™ Health & Wellness Channel, VoiceAmerica™ Business Channel, VoiceAmerica Sports, 7th Wave Channel, The Green Living Channel, VoiceAmerica Kids Channel and World Talk Radio Variety Channel. VoiceAmerica™ TV offers targeted and exclusive video programming channels. World Talk Radio, LLC is one of the pioneers in internet broadcasting, producing and syndicating online audio and video, offering an innovative, effective and comprehensive digital broadcast platform. Digital Publishing through its 10 years of broadcast and media experience along with our seasoned staff of Executive Producers, Production and Host Services Group, World Talk Radio, LLC provides an internet radio and video platform for new, emerging and veteran media personalities to expand and monetize their business and brand in an online digital medium.