The General Motors Foundation has just announced the ten winners of their 2012 Chevrolet GREEN Educator Awards
Online PR News – 31-October-2012 – Pittsburgh, PA – The General Motors Foundation along with Earth Force is proud to announce the ten winners of their 2012 Chevrolet GREEN Educator Awards this year. Each educator selected is not only an excellent teacher, but has also dedicated much of their time to helping the environment and integrating environmental education with their teaching practices.
“Our goal is to recognize educators who go above and beyond to make education come alive and ‘mean something,’” explained president and CEO of Earth Force, Lisa Bardwell. “We want to share their stories and resources to inspire others to encourage young people about learning, the environment, and the kinds of leaders they can be in their community.”
The General Motors Foundation teamed up with Earth Force for the second year in a row to select the winners. This year’s award winners are:
• April Yorks: Kearsley-Armstrong Middle School in Flint, MI
• Dominique Evans-Bye: Clark Magnet High School in La Crescenta-Montrose, CA
• Kate Mini Milliman: Buffalo Urban Outdoor Education in Tonawanda, NY
• Kathleen Vrable-Bryan: Mahoning Soil and Water Conservation District in Youngstown, OH
• Kathryn Lynch: University of Oregon in Eugene, OR
• Loree Harvey: Monte Vista Middle School in Monte Vista, CO
• Michele Arquette-Palermo: Clinton River Watershed Council in Rochester, MI
• Stephen J. Ritz: Green Bronx Machine in South Bronx, NY
• Timothy H. Anderson: Princeton High School in Princeton, NJ
• Tracy Hollis: Grand Prairie Independent School District in Grand Prairie, TX
“These teachers are at the forefront of hands-on learning both inside and outside of the classroom,” explained GM Foundation board member and GM vice president of Sustainability and Global Regulatory Affairs, Mike Robinson. “The GM Foundation understands the importance of engaging our next generation of engineers and community leaders, whether it’s though our own GM GREEN watershed education program or recognition of outstanding environmental educators.”
GM, Earth Force and Chevrolet are excited to recognize these inspiring educators. More information on the GREEN program can be found online at www.GreenEducator.org/. Day Centennial Chevrolet is proud to support such a great foundation and program. Stop by the Pittsburgh, PA dealership today if you have any more questions.
About Day Centennial Chevrolet: Day Centennial is a local Chevrolet dealership located in the Pittsburgh, PA area. They carry an extensive inventory of new and previously-owned Chevy cars, trucks and SUVs. All sales associates at Day Centennial work hard to match each customer with the perfect vehicle to fit their lifestyle. A list of current inventory as well as service and vehicle specials can be found on their website, www.DayCentennial.com/.