HB Agency announces moderator and conversation leader lineup debating the future of marketing at next week’s “Afternoon Delight UnPanel”
Online PR News – 23-October-2012 – Boston, MA – Prominent Boston-area marketing and communications leaders are in place for the UnPanel at FutureM, the event’s first-ever unconference-style session. HB Agency, a B2B integrated branding, marketing and public relations agency, will host the “Afternoon Delight UnPanel: Marketing’s Future Love Child – the Unholy Union of Man and Machine” at FutureM in Boston, Thursday, October 25 at 1 p.m.
HB’s UnPanel will crowdsource perspectives and opinions based on the conversations taking place during the FutureM event. Can man and machine coexist in the future of marketing? Does technology delivery drive marketing strategy? Is balance between technology and creative strategy and artistry important? Or is technology simply an enabler of marketing strategy? The UnPanel will find answers, guided by its moderator and conversation leaders, and the thoughts and opinions of attendees.
The session participants determine the agenda, lead an open conversation and determine the results of the discussion. This is the chance for attendees to have a voice at FutureM, share learnings and experiences from the event, and decide what the future of marketing will really look like.
The UnPanel will be moderated by Ken Dec, senior vice president, client services, MC2. Dec is the former vice president and general manager of George P. Johnson’s Boston office and has held strategy and account leadership positions at Arnold Worldwide, Hill Holiday and other leading agencies. Dec will collaborate with Boston’s top marketing experts to guide the conversation and debate various topics; conversation leaders include:
- Nicolas Boillot, CEO, HB Agency: Author of the forthcoming book, "I Killed a Rabid Fox with a Croquet Mallet and Other Stories to Make Your Business Memorable," Boillot regularly speaks on branding, marketing and PR topics. Follow Boillot on Twitter @nboillot1.
- Philip DesAutels, PhD, social technologist, IoT Works: With more than 25 years of industry experience managing the interface of technology and society, and extensive research into the topic, Dr. DesAutels is a rare mix – a technologist who understands how to enable business value and an entrepreneur who understands how to leverage the transformative power of technology. Follow Dr. DesAutels on Twitter @WuhWuhWuh.
- Melissa Fleck, senior director, head of design at Optaros: Fleck is a creative director with more than ten years of industry experiences strategizing, designing and delivering digital experiences for several well-known brands. Follow Fleck on Twitter @melissafleck.
- Mike Schneider, senior vice president, director digital incubator, allen & gerritsen: Schneider, best known as SchneiderMike, leads DInc, an emerging technology lab based inside award-winning ad agency a&g, and is responsible for building products and engaging digital experiences rooted in ROI while helping define "what's next" for the agency and the industry. Follow Schneider on Twitter @schneidermike.
- Todd Van Hoosear, principal, Fresh Ground: Van Hoosear founded the Social Media Club Boston, serves on the board of Publicity Club of New England and teaches a popular class on new media and PR at Boston University. He is also a fellow for the Society for New Communications Research. Follow Van Hoosear on Twitter @vanhoosear.
- Tony Weisman, president, Digitas Boston/Chicago/Detroit: Weisman is responsible for leading the strategy and execution of Digitas services across its client base, and for the growth and development of the office and its people. Follow Weisman on Twitter @TonyWeisman.
There are a limited amount of spots available for this immersive session. Join the “Afternoon Delight UnPanel” on Thursday, October 25th from 1:00-5:00 p.m. at Fidelity’s Center for Applied Technology (Innovation District – 245 Summer Street, Boston) by registering at http://futurem.org/ or visiting http://www.hbagency.com/unpanel/.
For more information about HB Agency, please visit www.hbagency.com.
About FutureM Boston
Known as the must-attend event for discovering what's next, MITX's FutureM brings together marketing and technology innovators to contemplate and celebrate the future of Marketing. FutureM is about Marketing with a capital M – integrating traditional marketing, digital marketing, R&D, product development and all other parts of an organization that impact customer engagement and purchasing decisions.
About HB Agency
Founded in 1999 as a business-to-business integrated marketing agency, HB clients include Confirmit, ContextVision, Coghlin Companies, EMC, CA, and others. HB’s public relations and creative services have earned national recognition through Bell Ringer Awards from the Publicity Club of New England, Telly Awards, Communitas Awards and a Summit Marketing Effectiveness SIA Award. To learn more about HB’s branding, marketing and public relations expertise, please visit www.hbagency.com, or call 781-893-0053.