Tickets for Boyzone's first British tour without Stephen Gately are available on GigSport.com and will go on sale on Thursday.
Online PR News – 22-March-2010 – – Boyzone was Europe's most successful boy band during the second half of the 1990s. Comprised of five Irish vocalists and funded by music manager Louis Walsh, the group embraced a similar style of pop music as Take That, whose breakup in 1996 created a void that Boyzone happily filled. By combining boyish charm with slick songwriting (much of which was co-written by the bandmates themselves), the singers found enormous success throughout the U.K., where 16 of their first 17 singles became Top Five hits.
The band had hinted they may quit the road after Gately’s sudden death in October last year but yesterday they announced dates for 12 concerts in 2011.‘There was a time there when the lads and I didn’t know whether we would ever get back up on stage together again,’ said Ronan Keating.But now he says it ‘suddenly feels right’ after the boy band got an ‘unbelievable’ reception from their fans when they played three tracks at the Albert Hall a few weeks ago.
The Irish pop icons are currently celebrating their latest Number 1 album, Brother (the sixth album of their seventeen year career), by announcing 12 UK dates for February next year. Boyzone last toured during the Spring/Summer of 2009 with their sell-out Better Tour.
The Brother Tour promises to be even bigger and better and will include tracks such as the Top Ten single, 'Gave It All Away' and fan’s favourite, 'Love Is A Hurricane'. They will sit alongside classics such as 'Picture Of You', 'Love Me For A Reason', 'No Matter What' as well as a few surprises along the way.
The new tour will mark the bands first live appearances as a four piece, after the untimely death of founding band member Stephen Gately, who passed away while on holiday last year.