Online PR News – 02-October-2012 – San Jose, CA – SAN JOSE, Calif. – October 2, 2012 – Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS), a leading global supplier of high-performance power and mobile semiconductor solutions, will exhibit its latest advancements in power supply, LED lighting, motion control, mobile, DC-DC conversion and automotive technology at i-SEDEX 2012 in Booth 2411, Hall 2, in KINTEX (Korea International Exhibition Center), Goyang City, Korea
October 9-11, 2012.
Visitors to the Fairchild booth can learn more about how Fairchild can help them achieve greater efficiency, simplify design and save space – leading to increased success, including:
• Power Supply: Demonstrations will include the FAN104W high-frequency primary-side regulation (PSR) PWM controller that exceeds the USB charger standard with a low standby power of < 30mW and an improved dynamic response of > 4.1V. Leveraging Fairchild's expertise in primary-side regulation, the FAN104W does not require a secondary-side feedback loop and efficiently converts and manages the power supply of the charging device.
• LED Lighting: Solutions being demonstrated include devices that support both TRIAC and analog dimming like the FL7730 single-stage primary-side regulation (PSR) controller with power factor correction (PFC), the FL7732 for non-dimming applications, and the FL7701 smart non-isolated PFC buck LED driver with a special “adopted digital” IC technique that automatically detects the input voltage condition and sends an internal reference signal, allowing the device to achieve high power factor.
• Motion Control: At the show will be Fairchild’s SPM® smart power module series for white good applications like air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerator cooling fans. Solutions like the FNB4xxxx SPM series that provides single-supply IGBT gate driving capability with an integrated high-speed HVIC; and the tiny FSB50250 with six fast-recovery MOSFETs that provides greater ruggedness and a larger safe operating area (SOA) than that of an IGBT-based power module or one-chip solution. Also, the FCM8201 BLDC controller, a three-phase sinusoidal brushless DC motor controller integrated with the advanced Hall-sensor design, which allows the control system to execute the PWM commutation by switching the three-phase inverter.
• Mobile: On display will be Fairchild’s broad portfolio of mobile device solutions for smart phones, tablets and gaming that reduce power consumption and thermal dissipation while maximizing battery life for extended usage time. Visitors can also see the FT7521L6X reset timer with fixed delay and reset pulse; the FAN54013 USB boost regulator with a highly integrated switched-mode charger to minimize single-cell Lithium-ion (Li-ion) charging time from a USB power source; and the FSA8008A audio jack detector and switch for 3- or 4-pole accessories featuring an integrated MIC switch that allows the processor to configure the audio jack.
• DC-DC: Also on display will be the Generation III DrMOS Multi Chip Module family, designed with Fairchild’s proprietary PowerTrench® technology the devices provide better efficiency and increased maximum load current for DC-DC power applications; and the latest power clip 25V Asymmetrical Dual N-Channel MOSFET, the FDPC8011S which enables better design layout and delivers up to 20A in a 3.3 x 3.3mm2 form factor, reducing the total component footprint by 50 percent over traditional solutions.
• Automotive: Fairchild engineers will be demonstrating smart, protected, high-side switch devices including the FDDS100H06_F085, FDBS09H04A_F085A, and FDDS10H04_F085A. Designed with an N-channel power MOSFET, these devices feature a charge pump, current controlled input and diagnostic feedback specifically designed to address advanced electrical load control in automotive body electronics.
Also at the conference will be Fairchild’s various power supply, lighting and MOSFET design tools including the Power Supply WebDesigner tool that helps designers complete off-line flyback converter designs with minimal engineering time and expense, as well as the excel based LED Driver Design tool that helps to improve LED driver designs.
Additionally, Jaekuk Ryu, product line manager for Fairchild’s home appliance and industrial segment, will present a paper, entitled “High-Efficient Power Supply Design Technology Trends and Solutions for Consumer Electronics Appliance and Industrial Systems.” His presentation, part of the show’s technology seminar, will be held on October 9, 13:00 – 15:40, in KINTEX. (Seminar Room #206).
i-SEDEX, organized by Korea Semiconductor Industry Association (KSIA) & Consortium of Semiconductor Advanced Research(COSAR), is Korea's largest international exhibition in the area of semiconductor and display technology.
Fairchild solves difficult power management and signal path problems for leading-edge, top-tier customers around the world. Our commitment to energy savings and meeting the most stringent regulations has lead to the development of innovative power and mobile solutions that maximize performance while reducing board space, design complexity and system costs.
For complete information on Fairchild’s upcoming events, please visit: www.fairchildsemi.com/tradeshow
Fairchild Semiconductor: Solutions for Your Success™
About Fairchild Semiconductor:
Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS) – global presence, local support, smart ideas. Fairchild delivers energy-efficient, easy-to-use and value-added semiconductor solutions for power and mobile designs. We help our customers differentiate their products and solve difficult technical challenges with our expertise in power and signal path products. Please contact us on the web at http://www.fairchildsemi.com.
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/FairchildSemi
View product and company videos, listen to podcasts and comment on our blog @ http://www.fairchildsemi.com/engineeringconnections
Visit us on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FairchildSemiconductor
Communications Mgmt - Korea
82 – 32 – 680 - 1355
Claire Walker / Karrie Lee
Techworks Asia Ltd
(852) 2525 3980
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org