Cambridge, United Kingdom and MECOMO AG, Munich and Brazil, Sep 19th 2012 — Omnisense Ltd, a leading sensor positioning and monitoring company, today announced a strategic alliance to accelerate Omnisense technology to the global fleet, asset and tracking markets.
Online PR News – 27-September-2012 – Cambridge, United Kingdom – Omnisense Ltd, a leading sensor positioning and monitoring company, today announced a strategic alliance to accelerate the delivery of Omnisense technology to the global fleet, asset management and tracking markets.
Through its Series 500 platform, Omnisense has quickly become the technology of choice for companies operating in the Dairy, Industrial and Safety, and Healthcare markets.
Andy Thurman, CEO of Omnisense stated, “I am excited about the opportunity provided by this partnership to combine our innovative and cost effective local positioning technology with MECOMO's world-class service offering which meets the expanding needs of the site-level vehicle logistics and tracking markets.”
“Building on top of MECOMO’s leading suite of products with Omnisense gives us a significant competitive edge in the asset tracking market,” explained Stefan Heimerl, CEO of MECOMO AG “MECOMO will integrate Omnisense's Real Time Location technology in our mecFLEET tracking platform. We believe this strategic partnership will bring significant commercial benefits to our existing and new customers in the logistics market.”
“The patented Omnisense cluster relative positioning platform represents a large advance over alternative technology solutions for this market. Our solution is quick, easy and cost effective both to install and operate” said David Bartlett, Chief Technology Officer, of Omnisense.
Omnisense and MECOMO are collaborating to offer a complete tracking service through the MECOMO mecFLEET platform, which utilises both GPS and Omnisense's unique local positioning capability to provide operators, for the first time, with 24/7 visibility where GPS is simply not accurate enough to meet customers' needs for effective utilisation of their fleet assets like vehicles, trailers and other moving objects on company grounds.
Omnisense Product Key Features:
• The revolutionary Wireless Sensor Network tracks, positions and monitors behaviour of people, animals and all kinds of physical assets anywhere, to high levels of accuracy, without the need for permanent or pre-installed infrastructure.
• The Series 500 platform powers a new type of wireless sensor network in which each device knows where it is relative to other devices. When overlaid with a coordinate frame this provides absolute positions for all devices in the network;
• The system works seamlessly indoors and outdoors and in GPS denied areas;
• Based on Omnisense patented technology;
• Provided across an API using industry standard IP protocols so that data from the system can be easily integrated into customer IT systems and software;
• Ease of installation, deployment and integration with customer systems provides unequalled time to value and lowest cost of ownership.
Available at http://www.omnisense.co.uk
Omnisense is one of the world’s leading innovators of smart location- based technology solutions. Leading the shift to real time tracking through the cloud without the need for traditional fixed infrastructure, Omnisense enables customers to:
• Track people, objects, and assets on demand.
• Develop a unique’ iSense ‘environment with minimal set up.
• Empower small and large businesses to have unprecedented visibility over their processes.
• Leverage patented technology providing highest degrees of accuracy in RTLS.
• Enjoy lowest total cost of ownership (TCO ).
Omnisense is headquartered in Cambridge in the United Kingdom with presence across EMEA, the Americas and Australia.
Available at http://www.mecomo.com
MECOMO AG is one of Europe’s leading providers of tracking solutions. MECOMO’s two business divisions provide telematics solutions as well as mobile applications and high-quality points of interest all under one roof.
MECOMO Telematics specialises in customised telematics systems for complex problem-solving in the field of logistics. Our product portfolio covers solutions for tracking people, vehicles and objects travelling via land, rail, ship and air. By serving leading logistics companies like DHL, DB Schenker and Dachser, MECOMO is a full tracking solution provider for assets like trailers, swap trailers, container and other logistics objects. Our portfolio also includes a wide range of supported GPS devices and we have developed a high level of expertise in hardware and software integration.
MECOMO’s Mobile Apps and Content department develops cross-platform applications for mobile operating systems covering a wide range of content. To date we have released more than 150 apps for Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry OS. Our clients include many well-known international companies. MECOMO Mobile Apps and Content also develops high-quality location-based data, which it sells to providers of navigation systems, car manufacturers and online portals.
Our location-based and tracking solutions use mecFLEET Tracking Platform, a modular, flexible and large account-proven software architecture which is also marketed to system vendors.
MECOMO AG is based in Unterschleissheim near Munich and Porto Alegre in Brazil. You can find out more information about our products and services on our website www.mecomo.com.