Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET & Java applications to read, write & modify Word documents without using MS Word. Other features include content & formatting manipulation and support of DOCX, DOC, WordML, HTML & PDF formats.
Online PR News – 15-August-2012 – Lane Cove, NSW – What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET & Java (11.6.0) has been released. The release provides 95 improvement & fixes and new features. Aspose.Words now supports revision public API. Revisions (tracked changes) are a feature built-in to Microsoft Word which stores all modifications made to a document during editing. The brand new API provides features like Access individual or all revisions in a document, Get/Set individual revision properties, Accept/Reject individual or all revision, retrieve the type of the revision and many more. Also Aspose.Words now provides the functionality to “cancel” a task if requested by the user. For instance, if a large document is deemed to be taking too long to convert then the process can be interrupted. The list of most notable new and improved features in this release are listed below
• Revision public API ready;
• Support for Hidden table rows;
• Improved handling of Alternate content;
• Different default style templates for 2003/2007 documents;
• Significant improvement of table width handling;
• Numerous improvements in TOC update. TOC now looks identical to MS Word in almost all test cases;
• Child fields (including SET) located in the false argument of the IF field are not updated anymore (like MS Word does);
• Allow rejecting revisions
• Support signing produced PDF documents
• Support digital signatures of documents on java.
• Support encryption of produced Pdf documents
• Do Font Fallback in Java as .Net does automatically
• Make Aspose.Words for Java interruptable using Thread.interrupt()
• Add feature to get the total count of the revisions for document and the author for each revision.
• Hidden table becomes visible when open/save the document in WML or DOCX format.
• Warn user during load and save operations when document contains unsupported features.
• Consider exposing formatting revisions.
• Consider making Aspose.Words Interruptible
• Tables overlap each other after rendering is fixed
• Document Body is lost on open/save is resolved
• Implement Load and Save warnings for RTF format
• Support comment localization
• Support HideMark for DOC.
• /rtl/ Add support of rotated text in RTL table
• GroupShape is moved in previous Page in PDF
• refine parsing indexed bitmaps with alpha
• all digital signature tests should pass
• red and blue swapped in some peculiar pictures with palette
• Document.getDigitalSignatures needs to be cast before iteration
• Rendering metafiles to bitmap needs in improved scaling to shape size.
• Conform the crypto library license
• Support System.Drawing.Color.Transparent
• Extra tabs are added after open/save document using AW is now fixed
• Table inside cell Content wrapping/fitting problem is resolved.
• Table position changed in exported PDF file is fixed
• Image overlaps when converting DOCX to PDF is now fixed
• Table position change after appending one document to another is now fixed
• Enhanced conversion of dotx to doc
• Table widths calculation is corrected in Fixed Page Formats
• Doc to Pdf conversion issue with text alignment in table's cell is resolved.
• Aspose.Word do not preserve table's row options on re-save the document is fixed
• Improved OLE refactoring.
• Doc to Pdf conversion issue with layout and page break is fixed
• Incorrect line Y for line starting a page is fixed
• Update the documentation for loading TXT format
• Automatically copy DLL to UEX for online docs is now fixed
• Heading style changed is fixed after processing DOCX document.
• Improved Shape fill (DOC to PDF)
• MS Word 2003 crashes upon opening DOC file produced by Aspose.Words is now fixed
• /table grid/ Table layout is corrected after rendering.
• Roman page numbers shows as Arabic in TOC is now fixed
• Line color change during rendering is resolved.
• TOC is now correctly updated by Aspose.Words
• Back slash is changed to ¥ after rendering.
• TOC is corrected after update fields.
• Numbers flip is fixed after converting RTL documents to HTML
• EMF image squashed vertically when render in Pdf format is fixed
• Mail merge issue with IF statement containing SET is now fixed
• UpdateFields now updating the TOC correctly
• List Tab position is now calculated correctly upon conversion
• Table cell width increases is fixed upon conversion/rendering
• Table cell widths reduction is fixed upon conversion/rendering
• HTM to Doc conversion issue with image is fixed
• Information lost while loading RTF file is fixed
• Doc to Pdf conversion issue text is misplaced is fixed
• Incorrect missing glyph font metrics leads to an extra page
• Rendering mail merge fields in header/footer shows code instead of value.
• Doc to PDF conversion issue with table border alignment is resolved.
• Metafile image is rendered now correctly when saving to PDF/XPS
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How to Specify How Fonts are Embedded in Adobe PDF Format: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How+to+Specify+How+Fonts+are+Embedded+in+Adobe+PDF+Format
- How to Apply Custom Formatting during Mail Merge: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How+to++Apply+Custom+Formatting+during+Mail+Merge
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/categories/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/index.html
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066