Same sex couples may seek traditional marriages but they are choosing to use far more modern methods when it comes to meeting and finding love.
Online PR News – 18-July-2012 – New York, New York – Gone are the days of gay singles meeting in underground bath houses or through seedy ads in the back of magazines. Gay singles are rapidly adopting more modern ways to find love. Same sex marriages are becoming more acceptable across America. With the possibility of a more traditional ending, for gay relationships, comes a more modern approach to finding the perfect mate.
Gay singles are using these top 5 modern ways to find love:
1. Online dating services – the large dating sites traditionally catered to heterosexual individuals only but many of these sites are now gay friendly.
2. Speed dating – many of the companies that host these gatherings are now holding events strictly for gays.
3. Dating coaches – dating experts are now expanding their practices to include the LGBT community and are providing advice to gay couples.
4. Singles clubs – these clubs plan events and adventure oriented trips for singles and are now creating more offerings targeted toward gay participants.
5. Matchmakers – matchmaking has traditionally been one of the most exclusive methods used by individuls to find the perfect mate. Matchmaking is now becoming more popular amongst gays who want to hire a professional to locate that special someone.
Some of these methods are free and some of them cost thousands of dollars. Matchmaker Mary Wright says, “I've had a huge influx of inquiries from the gay community.” Mary, who owns Unlocked Love Matchmakers of New York City, matched a same sex couple who recently got married in New York. Now that marriage is a possibility for many gays, expect more gay couples to meet and find love using the same modern methods used by the mainstream.
In 2008, Mary Wright founded Unlocked Love Matchmakers, LLC, a successful New York City matchmaking company that specializes in matchmaking for alternative lifestyles. She has successfully matched more than 300 couples. Many of those couples have gone on to get engaged and married. She is the author of the upcoming book Offline Dating Guide: How to Turn Your Online Date Into An Offline Mate to be released in the Spring of 2013.