E.ON Moldova Distributie optimizes major capital investment projects using IBM software solution from BPM Wave
Online PR News – 07-July-2012 – Bucharest, Romania – E.ON Moldova Distribuţie S.A. implemented MCPTM to optimize its investment management process, to gain better control over investment planning and execution and maximize return on capital expenditures.
With this in mind, the company believed that the fastest, most suitable and cost-effective way to achieve these goals was to streamline various grid investment activities. This was no small task as a single investment management process for E.ON can have more than 100 independent stages, involve over 50 functional business roles, and integrate information from over a dozen corporate application silos, resulting in a remarkable level of complexity both in terms of process breadth and depth an requiring numerous points of integration. After looking at various options, it became apparent that the solution could best be found in a business-process management (BPM) application that could easily integrate with its existing SAP applications.
To achieve their objectives, E.ON Moldova Distribuţie implemented BPM Wave’s Major Capital Projects solution (MCPTM), developed over an architecture based on IBM WebSphere BPM, Websphere Operational Decision Management and Websphere Cast Iron software, to provide enhanced connectivity between applications and communications platforms enterprise wide. The solution developed for E.ON performs end-to-end orchestration and monitoring of the investment management process, with full SAP and other enterprise systems integration.
The Major Capital Projects (MCPTM) solution includes the following components:
· IBM BPM engine for investment process automation: task allocation, email notifications and alerts, escalation flow as per designed business rules, confirmation of task completion;
· IBM WODM for business rules management, which executes real-time decisions, providing specific business events and business rule runtime capabilities
· IBM Cast Iron middleware for the integration of relevant systems and applications such as SAP, PM software, and contract management applications.
· BPM Wave’s user interfaces on top of the BPM platform, adapted to the client environment;
BPM Wave’s team of experienced BPM architects, developers and analysts managed to build and roll out the integrated solution used by E.ON to manage hundreds of large capital projects and thousands of grid extensions in less than three months.
The solution provides significant time and money savings through a higher level of control over the entire investment management process. Process automation and monitoring allows for the rapid identification of bottlenecks and speeds up project deployment and execution, while the integrated systems provide the management with up-to-date accurate reports on performance levels and forecasts. The BPM Wave solution allows E.ON to:
· Orchestrate and manage the completion of tasks and deliverables to process stakeholders throughout investment management life cycle;
· Monitor completion of all IM activities and send notifications/alerts on delays;
· Insure completion of required project actions and insure that the required output is in the right format;
· Full report regarding daily GIS consolidation, phase duration vs. KPI’s, financial reporting actual vs. estimate, daily status, project consolidation;
· Integrate ERP and Document Management systems for task utility.
After implementing MCPTM, E.ON Moldova Distribuţie registered significant improvements that include:
· Better rate of on time delivery, improved cost control, accelerated start of revenue streams, reduced cost of non-compliance;
· Increased staff productivity
· Reduced costs of rework, increased comparability between project teams performance, better quality management;
· Reduction of non-productive time, better future project planning, improved risk management;
· Better correlation between pay and performance, labor regulation compliance, lower cost of work performed;
· Improved accuracy and timeliness of management decisions, higher ROI, cash flow predictability.
About E.ON Moldova Distribuţie
E.ON Moldova Distribuţie S.A. is a utility company based in Iasi, Romania, that is responsible for retail electricity distribution, grid operations and related services. The company serves the six counties in Moldova region: Bacau, Botosani, Iasi, Neamt, Suceava and Vaslui. E.ON Moldova Distribuţie also installs both high- and low-voltage networks, made up of overhead and underground power lines, poles and transformers. It is a subsidiary of E.ON Romania, one of the leading nationwide electricity and gas distribution companies.
About BPM Wave International AG
With a focus on Business Process Management and Optimization, BPM Wave International AG, offers world class applications and professional services to continuously improve client operations performance through our expertise in the areas of Enterprise Architecture (EA), Business Process Management (BPM), Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and Enterprise Governance. Our applications have been awarded for excellence by our strategic partners, IBM and OpenText, and have been implemented in more than 15 countries. BPM Wave’s portfolio of market tested and ready-to-use process applications are designed for both horizontal business use and Vertical Market operations such as Oil & Gas, Power and Utilities, Manufacturing, Legal and Pharmaceutical, to name some. For more information on the company, visit www.BPMWave.ch
For more information about IBM Romania, please visit: http://www.ibm.com/ro.