A new e-book by a veteran publicist and book marketing coach teaches authors how to create the all-important press release that announces their books.
Online PR News – 30-June-2012 – FAIRPORT, NY – A new e-book by a veteran publicist and book marketing coach teaches authors how to create the all-important press release that announces their books.
"Get Your Book in the News: How to Write a Press Release That Announces Your Book" (http://bit.ly/M2d7M1) by Sandra Beckwith is the only resource that takes authors through the press release writing process step-by-step. Authors, book publicists, publishers, and others learn to create a document that contains the information journalists need and expect in the format they prefer.
"Get Your Book in the News" distills Beckwith’s 25+ years of experience into a handy guide that offers readers:
• Nine ways to use an announcement press release to get publicity, attract book buyers to a website, or secure speaking engagements
• A detailed, 13-step process for writing a book announcement press release and a companion fill-in-the-blanks template
• Specifics on who to send the press release to, when, how to send it, and how to follow up
• A list of the most common press release mistakes and advice on how to avoid them
• Formatting instructions
• A press release makeover
• Press release distribution service recommendations and other resources
• A bonus section with 11 actual press releases used to announce fiction and nonfiction books in several genres
“A book announcement press release is probably the most essential and versatile book promotion tool because it can generate book reviews, news items, author interviews, blog columns, and speaking engagements,” says Beckwith, who has won several national publicity awards. “Done right, it creates impressive and long-lasting exposure. Done wrong, it ends up in an electronic trash can.”
Beckwith, a book marketing coach and former publicist, helps authors learn how to be their own book publicists. She teaches the popular “Book Publicity 101: How to Build Book Buzz” course online and publishes Build Book Buzz, a free e-newsletter available at http://buildbookbuzz.com. She is also the author of three nonfiction books, including two on publicity topics, and an author publicity workbook.
"Get Your Book in the News: How to Write a Press Release That Announces Your Book" is available as a PDF for $9 on the author’s website at http://bit.ly/M2d7M1. For more information, contact Beckwith at email@example.com.
# # #
Book cover JPG: http://bit.ly/KXT2HG
Author photo JPG: http://bit.ly/KJ2rS6
Media review copy: firstname.lastname@example.org