Celebrate our nation's birthday this Fourth of July at the AAA Four-Diamond Grand Geneva Resort & Spa! Grand Geneva and its sister-property Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark will host a three-day festival in honor of all things red, white, and blue.
Online PR News – 29-June-2012 – Lake Geneva/Switzerland – LAKE GENEVA, WI (June 27, 2012) — Celebrate our nation's birthday this Fourth of July at the AAA Four-Diamond Grand Geneva Resort & Spa! Grand Geneva and its sister-property Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark will host a three-day festival in honor of all things red, white, and blue.
Independence Day Calendar of Events
Sunday, July 1
• The patriotic party kicks off at 7 p.m. with the resort's July Summer Music Series performance. Renowned Dave Matthews tribute band Trippin Billies will take the stage for this outdoor concert at the ski chalet, featuring complimentary admission for resort guests and $10 tickets for outside visitors.
Monday, July 2
• The fun continues on Monday when Master Illusionist David Seebach captivates guests with the enchanting "Wonders of Magic" show, featuring music, costumes, and more at 7:30pm within the Forum Theater. Admittance to the performance is complimentary for resort guests.
• Those up for a challenge of the minds are invited to test their smarts at the "Gameshow Gladiators" competition held in the Linwood Ballroom at 9 p.m. Contestants will battle out for prizes in various quiz show formats, while enjoying the sights and sounds of a Video DJ.
Tuesday, July 3
• The celebration continues at a resort-wide carnival! On Tuesday, the resort will feature games and activities for the whole family; a picnic spread with cook-out favorites like hamburgers, hot dogs, and roast corn, with snow cones for dessert; and an action-packed water ski show by the Brown's Lake Aquaduck.
• Beginning at dusk, everyone's favorite Independence Day pastime commences with the resort's annual Grand Fireworks display over the campus. While admission to viewing is complimentary, the resort asks that each attendee bring two non-perishable food items to donate to the Lake Geneva Area Food Pantry
• Immediately following the Grand Fireworks display, guests are invited to "Dance with the Stars" – a friendly dancing competition in the Grand Ballroom. Interested participants looking to showcase their moves can enter as a group, couple, or single as they bust a move to music spanning swing, torch pop, and classic rock eras. Just like on the show, the audience will vote alongside a panel of judges to determine the winners of the night.
Fees may apply for some events. Rates for Independence Day weekend start at $199 per night at Grand Geneva, and one-bedroom suites at Timber Ridge start at $189 per night. More information on the weekend-long Fourth of July celebration at Grand Geneva can be found at www.grandgeneva.com/specials/fourth-of-july.asp.
For more information or to reserve accommodations at Grand Geneva, please call 800.558.3417 or visit www.GrandGeneva.com. For more information, or to reserve accommodations at Timber Ridge Lodge, please call 866.636.4502 or visit www.timberridgeresort.com.
The Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is owned and managed by Marcus Hotels & Resorts. The Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark is managed by Marcus Hotels & Resorts. For more information on the latest news and updates from Marcus Hotels & Resorts, please visit: http://media.marcushotels.com.
About Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is an award-winning all-seasons ski and golf resort set on 1,300 acres in the legendary southeastern Wisconsin community of Lake Geneva, just 90 minutes from Chicago and 50 minutes from Milwaukee. The property features 355 guest rooms; WELL Spa + Salon; two championship 18-hole golf courses; The Mountain Top, a three-chair/18-run ski and snowboard facility; 62,000 square feet of meeting and convention space; three restaurants; and a 4,100-square-foot executive airport.
Grand Geneva recently completed property-wide renovations, which included improvements to all guest accommodations, the outdoor pool deck and WELL Spa + Salon, and the addition of Embers Terrace, an outdoor fireplace experience.
Additional accommodations on property include the family-friendly Timber Ridge Lodge, featuring the 50,000-square-foot Moose Mountain Falls indoor/outdoor waterpark, 3,600-square-foot arcade, 3,500-square foot ballroom, and family barbecue restaurant. For more information or reservations, call toll free 800.558.3417 or visit www.GrandGeneva.com. Follow Grand Geneva on Twitter, or "Like" it on Facebook for flash updates, special offers, and more.
About Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
The family-friendly Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark is located in the legendary southeastern Wisconsin community of Lake Geneva, just 90 minutes from Chicago and 50 minutes from Milwaukee. The property offers a collection of 225 expansive one- and two-bedroom suites that are equipped with whirlpool baths, private balconies and spacious living rooms. Full kitchenettes, which boast full-sized refrigerators, stove-top burners, dishwashers and double sinks, provide complete comfort for families. The lodge also offers its signature 50,000-square-foot indoor-outdoor aquatic wonderland, Moose Mountain Falls – the area's only Waterpark – as well as a 3,600-square-foot arcade, 3,500-square-foot ballroom, and a family barbeque restaurant. For more information or reservations, call toll free 866. 636.4502 or visit www.timberridgeresort.com. Follow Timber Ridge on Twitter, or "Like" it on Facebook for flash updates, special offers, and more.
About Marcus Hotels and Resorts
Marcus Hotels & Resorts, a division of The Marcus Corporation (NYSE: MCS), owns or manages 18 hotels, resorts and other properties in nine states. A force in the hospitality industry, Marcus Hotels & Resorts provides expertise in management, development and historical renovations. The company's portfolio includes a wide variety of properties including city-center meeting hotels, upscale resorts and branded first-class hotels. For more information, please visit www.marcushotels.com and follow the company on Facebook and Twitter (@MarcusHotels).
7036 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
WAGSTAFF WORLDWIDE, INC.
Ana Espinoza / Kelsey O'Neill