With the start of summer and hurricane season, asphalt composition roofing specialist MB Roofing, Inc. launches a guide for homeowners wanting to land a reputable roofer for summer home improvement jobs.
Online PR News – 24-June-2012 – Kansas City, MO – June 23, 2012 – MB Roofing, Inc. – An asphalt composition roofing specialist this week launches a guide for homeowners wanting to land a reputable roofer for summer home improvement jobs.
June 20 marks the start of summer in Missouri, and according to MB Roofing, Inc., it is one of the busiest months for most contractors. “More importantly, it is the beginning of hurricane season for the Atlantic.”
The company disclosed it was worried that dishonest individuals might take advantage of the high demand and shortage of professional roofers to part Kansas City homeowners from their money.
Describing the common qualities and signs of a legit service provider, the guide is a compilation of pointers rolled out by the asphalt shingle expert in its blog entries for the month.
Recommendations include the following:
• Compile local referrals to differentiate shady contractors from the tried and tested service provider. A good roofer’s reputation usually precedes him.
• Verify the company’s track record with the Better Business Bureau. Membership with the organization is optional and does not prohibit reviewers from posting feedback about non-member businesses.
• Check for credentials. While the state does not have a licensing program for roofing, it requires businesses to secure an occupational license (generally renewed February 28). The same requirement holds true whether the roofer is an independent contractor or a company.
• Whittle down the referral list of roofers Kansas City homeowners provided down to three to five names at a time. Request prospects for a cost estimate. The legit roofer will recommend a survey before handing over a detailed quote, while questionable entities will often skip the inspection.
• Watch for unusual behavior such as desperation, threats, or assurances without a paper trail. Reputable companies will not resort to high-pressure tactics just to gain customers. The standard practice is to sit with the client and discuss a contract before closing a deal.
A YouTube video on asphalt shingle installation accompanies the guide.
Not Just Summer but Hurricane Season Too
While locals plan their summer vacation, MB Roofing, Inc. also issued a reminder that hurricane season is already here and homeowners who haven’t done so yet should try to get their roofs and houses fixed before any hurricanes set in.
About four out of the 15 storms expected to hit states near the Atlantic Ocean this year will be hurricanes, disclosed atmospheric science researchers interviewed by CNN this week.
The city is no stranger to severe weather conditions. It currently holds the record of being the tenth most hail-prone and the sixth most tornado-prone area across the country.
About MB Roofing, Inc.
For over 16 years, MB Roofing, Inc. stands as one of Kansas City’s trusted authorities when it comes to composition roofing projects. The company currently belongs to the top one percent of roofers under the Owens Corning network and is one of the chosen platinum preferred contractors authorized to offer the Systems Advantage Platinum warranty.
Services offered by the company include re-shingling, new asphalt roofing installation, emergency repairs, and roof replacement.
MB Roofing, Inc.
2950 NW Platte Rd Riverside, MO
Phone: (888) 379-6305