Anthony Dias Blue joins 18 judges in selecting the year's best wines and spirits from over 100 entries in each of two segments at the 2nd annual New York World Wine & Spirits Competition at the New York Bar and Restaurant Show at Javits Center June 26-27.
Online PR News – 19-June-2012 – New York, NY – NEW YORK, June 12, 2012 – Wine and spirits brands from the world over convene this month to present their best efforts to an august panel of judges to claim 35 prestigious titles at The 2nd Annual New York World Wine and Spirits Competition, as well as Best in Show. And spirits distillers and vintners have been pouring in entries—over 200 total so far. But there’s still room for more! Vintners and distillers have until June 15—THIS Friday—to get their entries in. Winners will be announced at the show Wednesday June 27.
The integrity of The New York World Wine and Spirits Competition starts with quality, and that resides with the panel of judges, led by The Tasting Panel’s Anthony Dias Blue, director of The San Francisco International Wine Competition and the San Francisco World Spirits and International Wine Competitions. The sweeping New York competition is open to any producer and the only wine and spirits competition in the world that is associated with a recognized trade show: The New York Bar and Restaurant Show. This affiliation shows consumers how the experts in the industry interpret each brand’s overall quality.
In addition to bragging rights, 28 categories of spirits, and white, red, rose, sparkling, fortified and “miscellaneous” wines will gain increased exposure, greater recognition over their competitors and have an opportunity to use their prize in their marketing.
“It’s a peer review competition,” says Blue. “We’ve assembled a panel of judges that span all categories of the industry—buyers, producers, restaurateurs, salespeople and pundits—and between the members of this expansive, capable group we can ensure a balanced, reputable result.”
New York Bar and Restaurant Show organizer Steven Wesler of RDP Group adds, “We’re pleased to have an authority of Anthony’s caliber working with us. Under his direction, we look for the 2nd Annual New York World Wine and Spirits Competition to take its place alongside the greatest of the world-class beverage competitions.”
Competition Director Anthony Dias Blue is a leading food, wine, spirits and travel authority recognized worldwide with more than 20,000,000 readers and listeners each month across his print, radio and online audiences. He is the owner of industry bible The Tasting Panel magazine and frequent contributor to other publications such as Decanter, Robb Report and C Magazine. His James Beard award-winning commentaries, “The Blue Lifestyle Minute,” are broadcast weekly across the nation.
The judges and their affiliations are:
• Michael Feil, GM/Wine Buyer, Westchester Country Club
• Orr Reches, Head Sommelier, Corton
• Zita Keeley, All I Do is Wine
• Tim Campbell, Founding & Managing Partner, New Vision Wine
• Olivier Defeu, Beverage Director, Junoon Restaurant
• Charles Mara, President, The Mara Wine Group
• Michael Schaefer, CWE, Director, Society of Wine Educators
• Jules Bianciardi, Wine & Beverage Manager, Landmarc Tribeca
• Philip Kampe, Wine Journalist, The Wine Hub
• Anthony Dias Blue, Wine & Spirits Editor, Blue Lifestyle & Tasting Panel Magazine
• Scott Rosenbaum, VP of Procurement, Vitis
• Jeffrey Pogash, The Cocktail Guru
• Brian Van Flandern, Owner, Creative Cocktail Consultants
• Frank Cisneros, Beverage Director & Co-Owner, Bourgeois Pig & Gin Palace
• Bill Marsano, Poured With Pleasure
• Max Messier, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
• Pamela Wiznitzer, Blogger/ Bartender, Liquid Encouragement Blog / L'oubli Gourmet Bar
• Stephanie Schneider, Co-Owner & Beverage Director, Huckleberry Bar
• Ivy Mix, Clover Club/ Speed Rack, Bartender/ Founder
The deadline for entering is June 15. The entry fee is $400 per spirit and $100 per wine. To enter, call (860)677-0094 or visit www.nyworldwineandspiritscompetition.com. The New York Bar and Restaurant Show takes place June 26-27 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, 655 W. 34th St., New York, NY 10001. For press accreditation please RSVP to email@example.com AND to this office! More information to come on exhibitors and seminars, so please make sure to approve receipt of our releases. Thanks!
Media Contacts: Platform Media Group, PMG: 323-337-9042
Henry Eshelman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Erinn Deshinsky, email@example.com
Sharmayne Wesler- Show Manager-The RDP Group
152 Simsbury Road Avon, CT 06001 800-243-9774/ 860-677-0094 firstname.lastname@example.org