Unique Event, Devoted to Interactive TV in all its Forms, Will Feature Keynotes from Comcast CTO, Tony Werner, Roku CEO Anthony Wood, and zeebox CTO, Anthony Rose; as well as the Participation of more than 150 Other Leading Figures from the Advanced Television Industry
Online PR News – 11-June-2012 – SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF. – InteractiveTV Today, [itvt], the most widely read and trusted news source on multiplatform and interactive television, will hold its sixth annual TV of Tomorrow Show (TVOT), at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco on June 12th and 13th.
The TV of Tomorrow Show--which this year features three intensive tracks, more than 150 expert speakers, and multiple demo's and exhibits of the latest interactive, multiplatform and social TV technologies--has been widely praised not only as a true experts' conference that attracts a veritable "who's who" of the interactive TV industry, but as offering a completely unique and enjoyable experience. Simply put, it is very different from other tradeshows and conferences:
• It is the only industry event to focus exclusively on the delivery of interactive TV on multiple platforms (e.g. cable, telco, satellite, connected TV/OTT, iPad and other tablet/companion devices, IPTV, Web, mobile/smartphone, VOD, game consoles, etc.).
• Ensuring that attendees are able to meet and schmooze with the right people is a primary focus of the event.
• Speakers are selected for their expertise alone, not because they, or the company they represent, have paid a speaker's fee.
• The panel sessions are structured, educational, rigorous and highly focused, and even include moderated (and sometimes heated) debates on hot-button issues.
• The event is highly interactive, with open floor/mic sessions and other features designed to promote discussion on a range of topics.
• The event is designed to promote cross-pollination between the interactive/multiplatform TV community and other creative communities, such as video artists, robotics experts and independent filmmakers. Among other things, it features a curated exhibit of contemporary artworks that exemplify the theme, "TV of Tomorrow."
• The event takes place in a beautiful setting, conducive to learning and creativity: an architecturally unique building in downtown San Francisco, close to great restaurants, hotels, shopping, museums, theaters, art galleries and more.
• Finally, the event is designed to be fun. It features entertainments, challenges, contests, and a range of other social activities.
In addition, this year for the first time The TV of Tomorrow Show has partnered with TVplus to provide a first-of-its-kind interactive second-screen experience for all attendees. TVplus will power an interactive digital companion experience for each of the show's sessions, allowing attendees to receive synchronous content on their second-screen device while they watch the event live. Audience members will be able to access background information on each of the speakers and panelists, receive additional details on the topics of discussion, engage with the latest industry news, and actively participate in polls and voting--all published live as events happen on stage. The experience will be accessible through TVplus.com, and will be available to attendees on any Web browser.
The TV of Tomorrow Show also features the presentation of the prestigious Annual Awards for Leadership in Interactive and Multiplatform Television, now in their 9th year. Award categories include:
• NEW: "Achievement in Advanced Advertising": the company, organization or individual that did the most to realize the promise of advanced advertising (including such areas as operator-driven single-screen advertising, connected-TV advertising, second-screen/social-TV advertising, addressable advertising, dynamic advertising insertion, and more) over the past year.
• "Most Significant Impact": the company or organization that has had the most significant impact on the industry as a whole over the past year (i.e. April 21st, 2011 through May 1st, 2012);
• "Most Significant Newcomer": the company or organization that was the most significant newcomer/breakthrough player of the past year;
• "Most Significant Technology, Platform or Product": the company or organization that invented the most innovative and disruptive technology, platform or product of the past year;
• "Most Significant Content Offering": the company or organization that created the most innovative and disruptive content offering of the past year;
• "Most Innovative Design or User Interface": the company or organization that created the most innovative and disruptive design/user interface/content-navigation schema of the past year;
• "Individual Leadership I": an individual who demonstrated notable leadership in the interactive, multiplatform TV industry over the past year, and whose efforts helped move that industry forward;
• "Individual Leadership II": an individual who demonstrated notable leadership in the interactive, multiplatform TV industry over the past year, and whose efforts helped move that industry forward;
• "ITV All-Star": an individual who has a long-term track record of leadership in the interactive television industry, and who is an appropriate candidate for membership in an ITV Hall of Fame.
TV of Tomorrow Show 2012 sponsors include: PayPal, Softel, Ensequence, Rovi, Watchwith, S&T, SeaChange International, Orca Interactive, YuMe, HSN, Blendagram, Audible Magic, never.no, Visiware, ThinkAnalytics, Civolution, Zeitera, NDS, Likers.tv and ActiveVideo Networks.
Feedback from the TVOT 2011 can be found here: http://www.thetvoftomorrowshow.com/testimonials
To read additional feedback from past attendees, click here: http://www.thetvoftomorrowshow.com/testimonials
To register for the event, click here: http://www.thetvoftomorrowshow.com/registration
Follow TVOT on Twitter at @TVOTshow; the Twitter hash tag for TVOT is #TVOT12
Read more about TVOT: http://www.thetvoftomorrowshow.com
About Interactive TV Today:
Founded in 1998 by Tracy Swedlow, Interactive TV Today [itvt] is the most widely read and trusted news source on the rapidly emerging medium of multiplatform, broadband interactive television (ITV). We provide concise, original coverage of industry developments, technologies, content projects, and the people building the business to our readership, which is made up of hundreds of thousands of executives from around the world.
For further sponsorship information or speaking opportunities, please contact:
CEO, Editor‐in‐Chief and Executive Producer of TVOT
415 824 5806
For media relations inquiries, please contact:
Breakaway Communications for TVOT
212 616 6003