The management of Aozora Bank would like to express its heartfelt sympathy to the fellow citizens who have suffered as a result of March 11 Tohoku earthquake.
Online PR News – 31-May-2012 – Tokyo, Japan – The management of Aozora Bank would like to express its heartfelt sympathy to the fellow citizens who have suffered as a result of March 11 Tohoku earthquake, and are praying for the recovery of the families and communities affected by this disaster. Fortunately, all of Aozora Bank's people have been accounted for and are safe. In addition, Aozora Bank's premises and IT systems are fully operational and working normally.
However, Aozora's work is not done. To aid with the relief and recovery efforts for disaster victims and affected areas, the Bank has made a commitment to donate the sum of 30 million yen and has established a bank account for the acceptance of Japanese donations to be used for disaster relief. Please see below for the details of Aozora Bank's donation account;
1. Fund transfer information
Branch: Aozora Bank Head Office (Branch #111)
Account type: Ordinary Account
Account #: 5087758
Account name: Japan Red Cross Society
2. Donations will be accepted until Friday September 30, 2011
3. Fee information : No fee will be incurred for donations made via Aozora Bank Branch counters, Telephone Banking and Internet Banking*. ("Usual account application procedures must be followed prior to the use of Telephone Banking or Internet Banking.)
Please note that fund transfers from banks other than Aozora Bank may incur regular transfer fees.
4. Donations: All donations will be used by the Japan Red Cross Society in support of disaster victims and for the rebuilding of the affected region.
5. Issuance of receipts: We kindly request that the Japan Red Cross Society be contacted in relation to receipts for income tax exemption, etc.
For International Friends, Family and Customers of Aozora Bank that would like to help, donations can be made easily and conveniently via the following websites.
Red Cross Websites:
Brian F. Prince has served as Director, President and Chief Executive Officer of Aozora Bank, Ltd. since June 2009. Mr. Prince joined Aozora Bank in November 2008 as Deputy President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Investment Officer and in February 2009 was appointed Executive Officer, Acting President and Acting Chief Executive Officer. Previous senior executive management positions in major financial institutions held by Mr. Prince include: Shinsei Bank, Ltd., Tokyo, Japan - Management Committee, Corporate Executive Officer (2000-2003); Lehman Brothers, Tokyo, Japan - Head, Asia Division, Principal Transactions Group, Mortgage & Asset Backed Securities Group (1997-2000); Lehman Brothers, New York - Senior Vice President (1993-1997); Chemical Bank/Manufacturers Hanover Trust Company, New York - Vice President (1989-1993). Mr. Prince holds an M.B.A. in Corporate Finance and a B.S. in Optical Engineering from the University of Rochester.