The Michael A. DeMayo Scholarship Program has awarded $2,500 scholarships to fifteen local high school seniors. The student submissions were evaluated on a number of criteria including a presentation or essay on the prevention of underage drinking and driving.
Online PR News – 22-May-2012 – Charlotte, NC – In 2012, fifteen high school seniors have been awarded the $2,500 Michael A. DeMayo scholarships to go towards their college education. The students werejudged on a number of criteria including the submission of a presentation or essay on the prevention of
underage drinking and driving.
The Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo received a record number of applications this year and were very impressed with the quality of the submissions. The 15 graduating high school seniors all reside and attend schools in counties served by the firm.
Scholarship Winners Include:
1. Dakota Palacio of Al Brown High School
2. Bria Soto of Marvin Ridge High School
3. Matthew Sciascia of Hickory Ridge High School
4. Taylor Thompson of Mooresville Senior High School
5. Emilia San Miguel of Robert Logan Patton High School
6. Kirsten Consing of Fred T Foard High School
7. Brianna Gallegher of East Lincoln High School
8. Cassidy Plyler of Metrolina Christian Academy
9. Austin Rhyne of North Iredell High School
10. Megan Gurjar of Lake Norman High School
11. Amare Seltun of South Point High School
12. Graham Collins of Covenant Day School
13. Meredith Avant of Independence High School
14. Tanner Halgren of Cato Middle College High School
15. Meredith Morrow of Ardrey Kell High School
“Our scholarship program attempts to capture the ideas and suggestions of teenagers, because young adults respond best to advice from their own peers,” said Attorney Michael A. DeMayo, who has awarded over $200,000 in scholarships since founding the program in 2003. “It is our hope and objective to get the message out to as many teens as possible in our community because even if the scholarships save only one life, the investment will have been worth it."
The 15 winning presentations will be published in a booklet and sent to community leaders and lawmakers with hope that the students’ observations and suggestions could help impact public policy and increase awareness.
The Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo L.L.P. has offices in Charlotte, Hickory, Monroe and Lumberton and practices in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, workers’ compensation, nursing home negligence and social security disability.
For more information, contact The Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo or visit www.DeMayoLaw.com.