The Dallas Comic Con will be celebrating its 10th Anniversary as one of the largest and most famous comic book events in the country. Held at the Irving Convention Center in irving, Texas, the event will feature guest appearances from Patrick Stewart, Val Kilmer & more.
Online PR News – 18-May-2012 – irving, texas – IRVING, Texas (May 3, 2012) – A long list of famous comic artists and media guests will celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Dallas Comic Con (DCC), May 19 – 20 at the Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas.
“This is definitely our biggest show thus far,” said producer Ben Stevens. “Not only do we have a huge line-up of artists, actors and other guests, but we’re using every square foot of the convention center so we can bring in new and exciting surprises for fans. There will be more things than ever for them to do and see.”
Presented by Stan Lee, legendary comic writer and former president of Marvel Comics, the 2012 Dallas Comic Con will feature:
• Patrick Stewart, Star Trek’s “Capt. Jean-Luc Picard” and the X-Men’s “Professor Charles Xavier”
• Val Kilmer, “Batman” in Batman Forever, “Doc Holliday” in Tombstone and “Jim Morrison” in The Doors
• Adam West and Burt Ward, “Batman” and “Robin” from the 1960s Batman TV series
• Kevin Conroy, the voice of “Batman/Bruce Wayne”
• Kristanna Loken from Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
• John de Lancie, “Q” in Star Trek: The Next Generation and “Col. Frank Simmons” in Stargate SG-1
• Tim Taylor, “The Gamekeeper” in The Hunger Games
• Dave Prowse (“Darth Vader”), Jeremy Bulloch (“Boba Fett”) and Peter Mayhew (“Chewbacca”) in the original Star Wars trilogy
• Neal Adams, co-founder of Continuity Comics, and Batman, Conan the Barbarian, Green Arrow, Superman and X-Men artist
• George Perez, Superman and Wonder Woman artist
• Len Wein, co-creator of Wolverine and Swamp Thing
• Arthur Suydam, award-winning creator of Marvel Zombies
Celebrities will sign autographs, talk with fans and participate in free panel discussions. (Most celebrities will not charge a fee for autographs. A fee may be charged for photos taken by a professional photographer.) Fans will also have access to more than 200 exhibitions with comic books, memorabilia, clothing and other merchandise.
Tickets are available at the Irving Convention Center box office for Saturday, May 19 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. ($25 admission) or Sunday, May 20 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. ($20 admission).
For more, visit http://dallascomiccon.com. Downloadable images for use in promoting DCC are available on the DCC website. For media passes or interviews, contact Kathy A. Goolsby at email@example.com or (817) 319-9936.
About the Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas:
Located where Highway 114 and Northwest Highway meet in Irving’s Las Colinas area, the $133 million, 275,000 square-foot center takes a bold new direction in a landscape of traditionally “institutional” facilities. Its distinctive design and mission for top-quality service mirrors the sense of quality that exists in Irving’s 12,000-acre Las Colinas development. For more information about Irving and the Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas, visit http://irvingconventioncenter.com.