IT Marketing and Lead Generation Company Offers Five Ways to Take Clients from National Competitors
Online PR News – 18-April-2012 – LAKE WORTH, FL – Computer business owners may be surprised to hear that national companies like Geek Squad and Tech Depot are NOT their direct competitors. The experts at SP Home Run Inc. point out that if a small computer business generates under $2,000,000 in annual revenue and a national chain like Best Buy, who owns Geek Squad, generates over $16 Billion in annual revenue, they are not a direct competitor.
SP Home Run Inc. offers computer business entrepreneurs five easy-to-implement ways to not only compete with national competitors, but to take clients away from them:
* Ensure that Prospects Know What a Single Point of Contact Means for Them - It's true that national brands can offer prospects name recognition, but what most small business owners need is a one-on-one relationship with a highly-skilled IT professional.
* Offer Open Line of Communication to the CEO - A computer business owner needs to show a prospective client that there is no bureaucracy, low staff turnover, and open communications with their company. Trust each client enough to allow for an escalation safety net: Give every client access to the CEO through their mobile phone number and personal e-mail address.
* Show Clients that They Receive Consistent Service - National chains often put their "best" technicians and system engineers on the larger accounts, and the newer and not-so-experienced technicians on smaller accounts. Small computer businesses can offer clients much more highly trained and experienced technicians without extra charges to cover management overhead and national advertising campaigns.
* Be Up-Front about Potential Conflicts of Interest - If a technology provider sells computer service agreements AND products, be transparent about this. Fragile credibility can be damaged by product-driven recommendations and relationships with clients can be destroyed.
* Break Down Hourly Billing Rates for Clients - An empowered and educated client is the best client. Break down the billing and IT consulting rates with a simple four-or-five row worksheet to show what revenue goes to technical staff and contractor wages, administrative overhead and taxes, and marketing and sales activities.
"National chains are not direct competitors to small computer businesses," said Joshua Feinberg, Business Development Director of SP Home Run Inc. "They are indirect competitors that can be managed easily by following these five steps. If an IT provider follows these steps and makes sure these competitive differentiators are integrated into marketing materials, such as a "Compare Us" page on its website and a brief discussion in pre-sales meetings with prospective clients; competition from national chains will not be an issue. That said, those computer business owners who fail to proactively tackle these issues head-on will eventually become glorified order takers and commodity brokers. In a nutshell, computer businesses must be able to effectively convey why we're ‘different' and why we're the best choice for small businesses."
To follow-through on these tips, owners and managers of small computer businesses can download a free special report on the Top 10 IT Marketing Strategies for Consistently Attracting New Business Clients from http://www.sphomerun.com/free-it-marketing-report-download-your-free-copy-now/
About SP Home Run Inc.
SP Home Run Inc. helps small business IT service providers get more high-paying, steady B2B clients by providing a suite of proven tools and resources that are available exclusively to SP Home Run Inc. members. The tools and resources focus on IT marketing and targeted lead generation, selling IT services and lead nurturing, IT service contracts, managed computer consulting, IT channel and small business technology, and starting a computer business.
The company currently serves clients all over the world. Its client base includes computer consulting businesses, VARs, network integrators, IT solution providers, MSPs, system builders, and computer repair businesses.
More information about SP Home Run Inc. can be found at http://www.sphomerun.com/About-SP-Home-Run-Inc/