SP Home Run Inc. Shares Keys to Successful IT Business Marketing
Online PR News – 16-April-2012 – LAKE WORTH, FL – One of the most often-asked questions by computer consulting business owners is:
"How can I market my business to attract more qualified clients?"
SP Home Run Inc. shares its expertise and years of experience with computer consulting business owners by telling them the keys to successful marketing are planning and focus. Business owners must plan ahead, anticipate future needs, and zero-in on what their clients' needs are.
A common mistake made by computer consulting business owners is marketing to the wrong kind of client. SP Home Run Inc. advocates that business owners specialize in B2B or business-to-business clients, rather than B2C or business-to-consumer customers. The company offers this suggestion because B2B clients generally need a lot more outsourced IT services and are more apt to become long-term clients of a computer consulting business. In addition, a business owner should strive to not only provide exceptional service to existing clients, but also to continue adding new clients.
Some other tips include:
* Plant Seeds Early and Often - Reach out to prospective customers early in the IT sales cycle, often before they even have a need. It is important to become the place they go to for computer needs, instead of them going to Google and calling the first IT vendor they see.
* Educate Prospective Clients on Computers and IT - For example, insurance agency owners may be at the top of their game when it comes to selling insurance, but have only very basic knowledge of their IT needs. This is where the IT business owner comes in.
* Don't Dip Toes in the Price-War Pool - The most important thing a computer consulting business owner can do is to sell their value proposition to prospective clients. Emphasize how proposed IT solutions help clients add new sources of revenue, grow their businesses, reduce overhead, and pump up productivity.
* Hone in on What Clients Need, Rather than Just Selling Products - Make things easier on clients by analyzing vendor quotes, placing products and services orders on behalf of clients, tracking shipments, inspecting and setting up new IT assets, and just going the extra mile.
* Stick with Qualified Leads - Make sure leads are geographically compatible, a good platform match, a good industry match, and not too large for the computer consulting business to handle.
* Build Relationships - It is very important to build a network of trusted business advisors and even non-competing technology providers. Even with a tiny business development budget, a computer consulting business can get a steady flow of highly-qualified leads this way. While marketing to highly-targeted prospects is a very solid idea, marketing to those who can refer several highly-targeted prospects each year is an even better strategy.
"What many IT business owners don't realize is that there are so many people throughout the community that small business owners constantly go to for advice," said Joshua Feinberg, Business Development Director of SP Home Run Inc. "People ask their trusted business advisors who they should go to for insurance, real estate issues, legal issues, financial issues...and yes, IT issues. The goal for small IT business owners is to become the most popular answer to the question, 'Who should I call for our IT needs?' These are the most qualified leads a computer repair business owner will ever get because the sales cycle is quicker, there is less resistance, and leads usually are not price-sensitive. Set a goal of meeting one new trusted business advisor like this each month and you'll see amazing increases in your monthly referrals."
Owners of computer consulting businesses can learn the Top 10 IT Marketing Strategies for Consistently Attracting New Business Clients by downloading a free special report from http://www.sphomerun.com/free-it-marketing-report-download-your-free-copy-now/
About SP Home Run Inc.
SP Home Run Inc. helps small business IT service providers get more high-paying, steady B2B clients by providing a suite of proven tools and resources that are available exclusively to SP Home Run Inc. members. The tools and resources focus on IT marketing and targeted lead generation, selling IT services and lead nurturing, IT service contracts, managed computer consulting, IT channel and small business technology, and starting a computer business.
The company currently serves clients all over the world. Its client base includes computer consulting businesses, VARs, network integrators, IT solution providers, MSPs, system builders, and computer repair businesses.
More information about SP Home Run Inc. can be found at http://www.sphomerun.com/About-SP-Home-Run-Inc/