Insurance Expert David Weinstein Announces Study Results
04/03/2012

For the past several months, David Weinstein, Cherry Hill, NJ, resident, has been performing a significant amount of research for a book he is writing on the healthcare industry and health insurance reformations that will go into effect in 2014.

Online PR News – 03-April-2012 – Cherry Hill, NJ – For the past several months, David Weinstein, Cherry Hill, NJ, resident, has been performing a significant amount of research for a book he is writing on the healthcare industry and health insurance reformations that will go into effect in 2014. As part of his research, David Weinstein came across a startling statistic.

"I had been trying to determine why, exactly, insurance costs were so high in this country, especially compared to other industrial nations like Canada and England," says David Weinstein. "Health insurance costs here are just much too high to be quickly explained, so I was forced to crunch a lot of numbers and do some deep analysis."

Health insurance costs here are just much too high to be quickly explained so I was forced to crunch a lot of numbers and do some deep analysis.

At the end of this process, David Weinstein discovered that the top 5 percent of the ill in the United States access health insurance benefits at a much higher rate than do the other 95 percent. This isn't unheard of, but the proportion of that difference is really quite striking.

"My research suggests that the top 5 percent account for 50 percent of the healthcare dollars spent in the United States," says David Weinstein. "Health insurance plans that cover these very ill patients often raise rates on all members, so they can cover the costs incurred by treating these very ill people and providing then with the care they need."

David Weinstein of Cherry Hill, NJ, readily admits that he doesn't have a solution to this pressing problem.

"It's early in the analysis process for me," he says. "I have a feeling that there may be something underhanded in some of these costs, and that the government will need to impose some strict fraud controls to ensure that improper spending, if it does exist, won't be allowed to continue. But aside from that, I'm not sure what the answer would be. Suggesting that the ill don't need medical care isn't something I'm willing to do."

For David Weinstein, Cherry Hill, NJ, provides a safe and quiet place where he can continue this important research and writing project. He hopes to continue to clarify issues on health care reform for federal and state officials who are currently working on implementation of the health care reform legislation.

About

In 1999, David Weinstein of Cherry Hill, NJ, created one of the very first healthcare cooperatives in the country. This idea would thrust David Weinstein into the national spotlight, and by 2001, he was discussing his ideas with governors, senators and presidential advisors. David Weinstein's blog discusses up to date insurance issues.

visit our website