GOAL is delighted to announce its upcoming Web Conference - Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO): Addressing Buyersâ€™ Ethical, Legislative and Practical Concerns; Identifying and Managing Risks Associated with LPO on 11 Apr 2012 @ 9:00 AM â€“ 11:00 AM (PDT).
Online PR News – 04-April-2012 – 03-04-2012, USA – Global Outsourcing Association of Lawyers, (GOAL), is delighted to announce its upcoming Web Conference - Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO): Addressing Buyersâ€™ Ethical, Legislative and Practical Concerns; Identifying and Managing Risks Associated with LPO on 11 Apr 2012 @ 9:00 AM â€“ 11:00 AM (PDT).
What are the ethical, legislative and practical concerns of buyers offshoring their legal work? What are the risks involved? How to keep up-to-date with developments from relevant regulatory bodies on both sides of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans (ABA, Law Society and SRA)?
Web Conference Speakers include:
- Mark Ross, Vice President â€“ Legal Solutions, Integreon Managed Solutions, USA
- Gregory L. Wilkinson, Esq., In-House Counsel, ACT 1 Group, Inc., USA*
- Jason S. Zack, Associate, Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP; American Bar Association (ABA) Technology for the Litigator Committee (Co-Chair, New Products), Standing Committee on Technology & Information Systems (Chair, Technology Assessment), USA*
- Matthew Knouff, Esq., General Counsel & e-discovery Counsel, CDS, USA
- Marvin Segura, General Manager, NextLaw, Costa Rica
- PankajParnami, Founder Director, Global Outsourcing Association of Lawyers (GOAL), USA
Key Topics To Be Discussed:
- Understanding the impact on LPO and the U.S. legal profession, including ABA and other US Bar Associations' guidance
- Keeping up-to-date with developments from relevant regulatory bodies on both sides of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans(ABA, Law Society and SRA)
- Examining the ethical issues regarding outsourcing legal work to any offshore destination
- State Bar Association issued opinions regarding the outsourcing of legal services and the unauthorized practice of law
- Liability questions with respect to malpractice coverage
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate legislation impacting on U.S. lawyers' ability to outsource legal work
- Avoiding aiding and abetting the unauthorized practice of law or permitting your LPO provider to undertake â€śreserved activitiesâ€ť
- Complying with the duty to supervise
- Battling the Hidden Enemy: Identifying and Managing Risks Associated with LPO
- Real world examples of why legal process outsourcing succeeds and fails from the ethics and business points of view- case study examples of the launch of LPO initiatives
This web conference is designed for:
- Service Providers of legal outsourcing services â€“ LPO executives, emerging LPOs from vendor locations in Asia, Africa, UK/Europe, America and others;
- Buyers of legal outsourcing services â€“ law firm partners, counsels, IP counsels and IP lawyers, solo practitioners based in US, UK and other markets and Investors, Software Vendors, Researchers, Academicians and other interested stake holders of LPO industry;