Back pain can occur at the most unexpected and inconvenient times. Here are 10 treatment tips to reduce back pain from Chiropractor Plano until you can arrange a doctor appointment
Online PR News – 14-February-2010 – – As we all know, back pain can occur at the most unexpected and inconvenient times. Here are 10 tips to reduce back pain from http://www.chiropractor-plano until you can arrange a doctor appointment:
1. First the obvious - over-the-counter medications, acetaminophen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID''s), are commonly recommended to alleviate low back pain. As always, consult a physician first and use as directed.
2. Alternate applying heat for 20 minutes and then a cold pack for 10 minutes several times. If pain occurred very recently, finish with the cold pack.
3. Use a “hot patch.” Looking like a large bandage or Ace wrap, apply it to the affected area. The patch stays hot for a few hours, with the heat working to stimulate blood flow and helping to speed up healing.
4. Lay down on your back with your legs raised over a chair or cushion with hips and knees at 90 degrees, for 30 minutes twice a day. This will help relax the muscles in your spine.
5. Deep breathing exercises can provide fast back pain relief by removing toxins and fueling your cells. It also helps to relax your tense muscles.
6. Take a short walk, several times per day. Movement will help loosen your back and in fact too much laying down will make your back stiffer.
7. Make sure you drink lots of water. This will help to hydrate the muscles and discs in the spine.
8. Back stretch: Lie on your back with your feet flat on the ground and knees bent. Then lift your buttocks off the ground so that you are resting on your upper back. Next squeeze your muscles in your stomach and buttocks tightly and hold for 30 seconds, then relax. Repeat several times.
9. Cat stretch: Get on hands and knees and do a cat back stretch, by rounding your spine and holding the position for 30 seconds, then relaxing. Repeat several times.
10. Side stretch: Lie on your right side with legs extended, feet stacked. Support your upper body on your right forearm and lift hips. Hold for 6 seconds, lower, and repeat. Switch sides.
Use one or a combination of these tips to get fast relief from back pain. Make an appointment with your chiropractor or medical doctor if the pain persists for more than 3 days or if the pain gets progressively worse.
More information is available at http://www.chiropractor-plano.com