Independent Internet market research and statistical analysis of the Pepsi Refresh Project reveals interesting details behind its potential success.
Online PR News – 10-February-2010 – – SEO Internet Marketing and Public Relations firm analyzes the Pepsi Refresh Project from a Social Media Marketing Strategy perspective. The results of this analysis reveal the simple but highly effective strategies used to increase it's potential results while minimizing advertising expenditure.
Irbtrax SEO Internet Marketing has been closely monitoring the Pepsi Refresh Project resulting in a revealing analysis. According to Irbtrax founder Scott Moir- "At its core it's a well planned Internet Marketing campaign based on Advocacy that is utilizing it's existing Social Media assets to spread the word virally. Its appeal has been enhanced by perception. A perception that was fueled by the publicity and Internet chatter they created when they 'pulled' their Super Bowl advertising."
The Irbtrax founder points out that this viral based model is not unique but has received increased publicity due to the Pepsi brand and it's timing. Timing which might not have been a coincidence but the result of a capitalizing on opportunity and trends. Two very important Public Relations ingredients. The trend being the heightened awareness and use of Social Media Marketing as a results oriented Strategy. The opportunity being the increased online and offline coverage leading up to the Super Bowl.
A further look at the Pepsi Refresh Project from an Internet Market Research and statistical perspective yields the following:
- Campaigns of this magnitude generally take months to plan, develop and refine.
- refresheverything.com is a stand alone website. The Domain name was apparently registered on 11/30/2009.
- The top four traffic generators for refresheverything.com are Google searches, Facebook, Pepsi.com, and Twitter.
- This traffic experienced a Huge spike just prior to and after the Super Bowl.
- Since the Super Bowl the site's traffic has increased about 800% and remained consistent.
- The result of this traffic spike is that refresheverything.com has a United States Alexa ranking of 4,083.
- About 75% of the site's traffic is coming from the United States. International Refresh Project coming?
- The refresheverything.com Meta Title is 'Pepsi Refresh Project' and contains 21 characters.
- The refresheverything.com Meta Description is 'Pepsi is giving away millions each month to fund refreshing ideas that change the world. The ideas with the most votes will receive grants, so vote for your favorites. Do you have an idea that needs support? Learn how Pepsi can help.' It contains 233 characters.
- The Keywords are: 'Fund your project with a grant from the Pepsi Refresh Project!'
In a previous release Irbtrax suggested the Pepsi Refresh Project was missing an important ingredient and offered a free test promotion. To view this release see:
On further review Irbtrax also believes it could benefit from relatively minor internal optimization that would reap major benefits. To learn more about Internet Marketing, Public Relations, and the impact of Google Caffeine on Social Media Marketing visit the Irbtrax website displayed below the Media section of this release. Feel free to contact Irbtrax by phone or using their private feedback form if you have questions or comments.
About: Irbtrax provides specialized Internet Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Public Relations and Market Research Solutions for businesses seeking a competitive advantage. Including optimizing Web Marketing efforts for Google Caffeine and using traditional methods in non traditional ways.
This release was SEO, SoMed, and Google Caffeine enhanced by Irbtrax.