30 Of The Top 50 U.S. Magazines
Featured Nellymoser Powered Mobile Campaigns in 20
Online PR News – 22-January-2012 – – ARLINGTON, MA – Nellymoser, the Massachusetts-based mobile marketing and technology company, continued to expand in the rapidly growing mobile advertising market. The number of QR code and other action code based mobile campaigns jumped from less than 100 in 2010 to more than 400 in 2011. The company led in market share as its campaigns appeared in 30 out of the top 50 magazine titles (by circulation) in 2011.
In addition to publication titles such as Sports Illustrated, InStyle, House Beautiful, Lucky, Entertainment Weekly and Traditional Home, the company developed campaigns for leading national retailers, advertising agencies and brands.
Some highlights from 2011 Nellymoser mobile engagement campaigns included:
• Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue: Time, Inc. selected Nellymoser to build the mobile campaign for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue – the top selling magazine issue across all categories of magazines in 2011. Nellymoser incorporated multiple, high quality mobile videos, mobile voting for favorite models, and social sharing via Facebook and Twitter.
• Shape Magazine 30th Anniversary Issue: Shape Magazine, using Nellymoser technology, broke the record for the number of mobile entries via a 2D barcode. About 400,000 mobile entries were created for more than 30 sweepstakes. To make it easy for readers, Nellymoser created “Smart Sweepstakes” technology, which remembers the user’s entry data from mobile scan to scan, enabling instant entry and reducing the obstacles to reader conversion.
• Lucky Shopper Companion App: Lucky Magazine launched the Lucky Shopper app, the industry’s first mobile companion shopping app for iPhone and Android, built by Nellymoser, that lets readers get more information on thousands of products they find in Lucky Magazine, on signs and in retail stores. Readers can compare prices, unlock additional content, access exclusive deals, sticker their must-have items, and share them with friends via Facebook, Twitter or email.
• 72 and Sunny for K-Swiss: Nellymoser pushed the limits of what could be accomplished with a large-scale mobile campaign it built for leading athletic footwear provider, K-Swiss. Aimed at bolstering reader engagement and driving e-commerce, the campaign included swipe navigation, videos, audio samples, ringtone downloads, sweepstakes and more. The site provided entertainment and value to the user, as well as a way for K-Swiss to engage with customers.
• InStyle/White House Black Market Crossover Campaign: Nellymoser powered a campaign that crossed over InStyle Magazine and the White House Black Market retail stores to promote their mix and match Work Kit suit separates. Microsoft Tags located in InStyle Magazine and positioned throughout retail stores led to a mobile site complete with gallery images, videos, the ability to opt-in for promotions, and a link to their e-commerce site.
“Our success in 2011 reflects the growing importance of QR code mobile campaigns to publishers and brands,” said John Puterbaugh, CEO of Nellymoser. “Mobile campaigns let advertisers connect and enhance the reading experience in ways that make them extremely compelling to marketers. With the growth we’ve seen this past year in the industry and with our own business, we anticipate that 2012 will be another significant year for mobile campaigns.”
Nellymoser produces the mobile user experience for its customers’ campaigns. The company’s turnkey solution includes a combination of creative services, campaign programming, site hosting and detailed analytics. Mobile campaigns are launched when a user with a mobile device scans a 2D action code, also called a QR code or Microsoft Tag and may include a variety of user experiences such as product videos, enter-to-win contests, sharing of content via social network, and mobile commerce.
Nellymoser Inc. (http://www.nellymoser.com), a mobile marketing and technology company founded in 2000 and headquartered in Arlington, MA, creates instant, interactive consumer “engagements” on mobile phones. These range from contests and product videos to interactive multimedia engagements that can be shared on social media (e.g., Facebook and Twitter) and include e-commerce for instant product purchases. Nellymoser’s customers include leading publishers, advertisers, retailers, and consumer packaged goods companies. All companies and products listed herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.