Get ready for Valentine's Day in Australia - research and book your romantic getaway with AAA Tourism. Find romance this Valentine's Day.
Online PR News – 01-February-2010 – – Valentine’s Day is one of the most anticipated and dreaded days of the year – and it is rolling around again soon this 14 February.
Couples looking to do something special this Valentine’s Day, beyond the typical cards, chocolates and flowers often turn to an Australian romantic getaway as the perfect choice. "Romance doesn't necessarily equal expensive, so don't despair if you're on a budget - the cost of a long weekend away can match that of a dozen red roses!," said a representative of AAA Tourism. ( www.aaatourism.com.au)
To assist Australians with their Valentines’ Day planning AAA Tourism has compiled a ‘Top Ten list of the Most Romantic Getaways in Australia’:
1. Sydney – Take the traditional route of an evening of wining and dining at a top-class restaurant, head outdoors for fish and chips on Bondi Beach, or get a little quirky and take your better half on a bridge climb atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge. It is a city not to be missed on Australian itinerary.
2. Melbourne – Stroll along the river, discover the hidden treasures at the Queen Victoria Market, and truly indulge in the tastes, sights and sounds that this city has on offer. Go on, treat yourself and your special someone – feel the love!
3. Brisbane – Take in nature’s beauty during the heat of the day with a cruise around Moreton Bay. Later on cool off with a cocktail in town or pretend you’re in Venice with a gondola ride. No matter what you do in Brisbane, romance is bound to flourish.
4. Uluru/Ayer’s Rock – Enjoy a day of pampering and world-class luxury amongst the beauty of nature, or do it the no-frills way with hiking boots and an outdoor picnic. Pop a cork and enjoy a picnic at sundown and watch as the vista around you transforms. Ah, romance!
5. The Whitsundays – All 74 islands which make up the Whitsundays are worth visiting and are equally romantic. Whether you’re looking to escape the hectic pace of everyday life, or just enjoy watching the sun set over white-sand beaches, there’s no better way to heighten the romance than by taking a romantic short break to the Whitsundays.
6. Adelaide – On the doorstep of the city but a world away in ambience, Adelaide’s picturesque farmlands and charming villages have inspired generations of artists, and lovers alike. A foodie’s dream and a wine-lover’s delight, Adelaide oozes romance.
7. Darwin – Alfresco eating is the order of the day thanks to Darwin's year-round warm weather. Perched on a peninsula with sea on three sides, Darwin is an excellent base to explore the natural attractions of World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park, Litchfield, Nitmiluk National Parks, the Tiwi Islands and Arnhem Land.
8. Perth – What better way is there to get away from the grind than taking a short break to a place with superb vineyards and fine dining, some extreme marine experiences and the best of nature right on your doorstep. Come on, be a dashing Don Juan and whisk your girl away for some romance!
9. The Outback: Undara – If your idea of romance is getting away from it all and leaving the bright lights of the big city behind, Undara is a place where nature reigns supreme. Watch the sun set over the vast expanse before you, adventure through ancient lava tubes, and finish the day by cozying up fireside for a romantic meal cooked for two. Find love under the stars of the outback!
10. Hobart – Tasmania's capital has the best of both worlds; cosmopolitan arts, culture, dining and entertainment of a city presented with the friendly vibe of a country town. There's so little traffic in the city at peak hour you can hear birds singing. Dine al fresco in Hobart and breathe fresh air at the same time. Adding to the atmosphere is a palpable sense of the past thanks to so many gorgeous heritage buildings along city streets.
For more information on seeking out your romantic getaway, visit www.aaatourism.com.au.