A utility company in the pacific northwest has recently chosen TITUS classification products to secure their sensitive information, allowing them to comply with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards.
Online PR News – 17-January-2012 – – A Pacific Northwest utility company has recently chosen TITUS classification products to secure their sensitive information, allowing them to comply with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards. The organization is using TITUS Message Classification, TITUS Classification for Microsoft Office, and TITUS Classification for Desktop to identify, classify and protect unstructured data to meet NERC data governance and compliance requirements.
NERC is the organization responsible for the reliability and security of the bulk power system in North America. NERC reliability standards define the requirements for planning and operating the North American bulk power system. They have created a set of Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standards that ensure the information and computer systems security for any entity that generates, distributes or transmits power across the grid.
TITUS data security, governance and compliance solutions enable energy and utility organizations to adhere to NERC standards by:
• addressing many core information security requirements for NERC standards. By having end users identify and classify sensitive information, organizations can ensure compliance to the classification requirements of the NERC standards.
• generating log files from classification actions. This allows organizations to assess adherence levels and identify possible deficiencies in their information protection program, as outlined in the NERC standards.
• automatically embedding metadata into every email, document and file. This allows organizations to enhance downstream solutions, such as data loss prevention and archiving systems, in order to retain information based on their classification level in accordance to the NERC standards.
The following TITUS data security, governance and compliance products were selected by this utility company, and can be used by other utility companies throughout North America, to identify and classify unstructured data and comply with NERC requirements:
• TITUS Message Classification - classifies, labels, and protectively marks email in Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Web Access, and mobile devices. This allows organizations to comply by ensuring every email is classified and protectively marked before being sent.
• TITUS Classification for Microsoft Office - classifies, labels, and protectively marks documents in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. This allows organizations to comply by ensuring every document is classified and protectively marked before being saved or printed.
• TITUS Classification for Desktop - classifies any file type in Windows Explorer, including Adobe PDF, multimedia files, and CAD documents.
TITUS is the leading provider of security and compliance software that helps organizations share information securely while meeting policy and compliance requirements. Our solutions enable military, government, and large enterprises to classify information and meet regulatory compliance by visually alerting end users to the sensitivity of information. Products include TITUS Classification, the leading message, document and file classification and labeling solutions that enhance data loss prevention by involving end users in identifying sensitive information; and the TITUS family of classification and security solutions for Microsoft SharePoint. TITUS solutions are deployed to over 1.5 million users within our over 300 military, government and enterprise customers worldwide, including Dow Corning, United States Air Force, NATO, G4S, Paternoster, Pratt and Whitney, Canadian Department of National Defence, Australian Department of Defence, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. For more information, visit www.titus.com.