Manhattan SEO firm, offering classes in Internet marketing, explains how to garner a better search engine rank.
Online PR News – 02-January-2012 – New York, New York – “There are many factors involved in getting your website to rank well on the results pages of the major search engines,” says Peter Crisafi, Vice President of dzine it, Inc., (www.dzineit.net), a leading Manhattan search engine optimization (SEO) and Internet marketing firm that offers SEO classes through its popular ExpressoSEO (www.expressoseo.com) program. “Whether you are attempting to boost your site’s search engine ranking on your own, or if you are hiring outside help, there are a few basics that you need to know.”
Crisafi offers the following tips that, he says, every business website owner needs to know.
1. Understand Anchor Text. The anchor text of the inbound links that point to a website are important because the search engines use anchor text to determine what a site is all about. Use targeted keywords in anchor text for maximum results.
2. Use keywords in title tags and meta tags. The weight that search engines give meta tags may be minimal, but it is still important to choose keywords relevant to each page, as it offers an effective way for search engines to categorize them, as well as a better idea of what the website is about.
3. Get lots of good links. The largest influencing factor for search engine ranking is the number and quality of links that are pointing to your website. The more quality links that point to a site, the more authority it will have.
4. Use a keyword in the domain name. Sure, the use of a targeted keyword in subdomains or dedicated pages will certainly help your SEO efforts, but using keywords in the root domain name is optimal.
5. Apply proper tags to page content. Be sure to use H1, H2, and H3 tags in headings and sub-headings.
6. Include an html and xml sitemap. Sitemaps make it easy for search engines to access all of a site’s pages and index the site accordingly.
7. Make sure all images have an ALT text. An image alt text is read by search engines, so keywords should always be included in alt text. Images should also be named properly using targeted keywords.
“Even the most basic SEO techniques like the ones listed above can be difficult and sound quite foreign to the average person,” says Crisafi. “That is why it is important to consider hiring a professional SEO consulting firm to help you make the most of your online presence.”
Established in 2003, dzine it, inc. is a leader in Custom web development, programming and design solutions for small and large business, agencies. The company offers a wide range of business-centered visual communication solutions, including web-based content management, web design, graphic design, custom web software applications, ethical white hat search engine optimization (Organic SEO), Video Encoding, and print media solutions. For more information, call 718.336.2660 or visit www.dzineit.net.
Copyright 2011 dzine it, inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.