Donate blood in January month & get free daily ski or snowboard rentals from Pelican Ski & Snowboard Shop. We are excited to aid such a opportunity in this great cause
Online PR News – 01-January-2012 – – During the winter month’s people are not thinking about the blood supply at local hospitals. Everyone assumes that when someone needs blood it will be there. Seventy percent of the blood used for patients at local hospitals comes from donors in the community.
Pelican Ski & Snowboard Shops in New Jersey and Pennsylvania recognize the importance of donating blood and will give a free daily ski or snowboard rental to those who donate blood during the month of January, which is Blood Donor Recognition Month.
Anyone who donates blood in New Jersey or Pennsylvania between January 1st and 31st will receive a proof of donation letter from the hospital to present to any Pelican Ski & Snowboard Shop. The donor can then present the original letter to Pelican and receive a Complete Daily Ski/Snowboard Rental Certificate. The rental certificate can be used that same day or saved for future use and may even be given away to any friend or family member who would like to ski or snowboard. Donors must present their letters to any Pelican Ski & Snowboard Shop by February 5th and the rental certificate will expire in April 2012.
Renters must have a valid driver’s license and credit card. A $10.00 refundable deposit is also required.
To be eligible to donate blood a person must be at least 17 years of age, be in good health and weigh at least 110 pounds. Donors are very generous people who give blood only to help others in need. It isn’t every day you can save someone’s life.
“Pelican Ski & Snowboard Shops are excited to have the opportunity to aid such a wonderful cause in our community,” said manager Bruce Sanderson. “We challenge all who are eligible to donate blood and help make a difference in our local community.” Visit www.pelicanshops.com for Pelican locations and additional information.
The following is a list of a few locations where you can donate blood. Additional locations may be found online at-
• Morristown Memorial Hospital (100 Madison Avenue, Morristown, NJ 07960, USA, Phone: 973-971-5000, Mon, Tue, Wed 10AM-7:30PM)
• Bergen Community Blood Center (970 Lynwood Avenue West, Paramus, NJ 07652, USA, Phone: 201-444-3900)
• The Blood Center of New Jersey (1259 Route 46 East #4E, Troy Office Center, Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA, Phone: 973-676-4700)
• Overlook Hospital (99 Beauvoir Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901, USA, Phone: 908-522-2000, Mon, Wed, Thu 10:15AM-5:00PM Fri 7:45AM-2:30PM)
• St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center (703 Main Street, Paterson, NJ 07053-2621, USA, Phone: 973-754-3538)
• The Blood Center of New Jersey ( 401 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ 07502, USA, Phone: 1-800-256-6365)
• American Blood Cross of Northern New Jersey ( 209 Fairfield Road, Fairfield, NJ 07004, USA, Phone: 1-800-733-2767)