HighlightHEALTH.com, a new media news organization that focuses on educational and informative reporting of biomedical research, is celebrating its five-year anniversary this month. To commemorate the occasion, the company has announced four prize pack giveaways.
Online PR News – 15-December-2011 – – Highlight HEALTH, a new media news organization that promotes advances in biomedical research and offers background and analysis on scientific studies so that readers can understand how new treatments and emerging research could affect them, is celebrating its five-year anniversary this December.
To celebrate the milestone and show appreciation to their readers, for the next three months Highlight HEALTH is holding prize pack giveaways. From January through the end of February 2012, a drawing will be held every other week for one of four prize packs, consisting of:
(1) A one-year subscription to ResearchSaves Magazine, the Foundation for Biomedical Research’s quarterly biomedical magazine that showcases medical and scientific breakthroughs with foundations in animal research and strong human interest elements.
(2) A one-year subscription to NIH MedlinePlus magazine, which presents the best in reliable, up-to-date health information and the latest breakthroughs from NIH-supported research.
(3) A paperback copy of Don’t Cross Your Eyes…They’ll Get Stuck That Way by Drs. Aaron Carroll and Rachel Vreeman of the Indiana University School of Medicine, the ultimate myth-busting collection of quirky and curious facts about your body and health.
(4) A hardcover copy of Smart Medicine: How the Changing Role of Doctors Will Revolutionize Health Care by Dr. William Hanson, Professor of Anesthesia and Critical Care and Chief Medical Information Officer at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, which examines how the medical system has evolved, where it’s going, and the revolutionary changes that will soon be sweeping through the medical community.
(5) A T-shirt from Webicina, the world’s first and only free service that lets empowered patients and medical professionals access curated medical social media content on a customizable, easy-to-use platform for free.
To enter the drawings, readers simply have to subscribe to free email updates from Highlight HEALTH.
"In celebration of our five years of biomedical research reporting, we wanted to give something back to our readers. Here at Highlight HEALTH, not only do we promote advances in biomedical research, we also encourage health literacy to improve health self-management. We’ve carried these same themes over to our prize packs," said Walter Jessen, CEO at Highlight HEALTH.
Patients are taking an increasingly active role in their own healthcare decision-making process and using the Internet to research their conditions. According to the Pew Internet and American Life Project, eight in ten Internet users look online for health information. The majority of people online (66%) search for information about a specific medical condition.
"Today patients are becoming more proactive about managing their own healthcare," said Jessen. "Being an empowered healthcare consumer means understanding your health conditions, assessing your treatment options, and gathering information to discuss with your doctors and specialists. That’s what we provide at Highlight HEALTH."
Highlight HEALTH enables Internet users -- patients, physicians, researchers -- to access credible, evidence-based medical and health research. Highlight HEALTH also provides background and analysis on cutting-edge scientific studies so that patients can understand how new treatments and emerging research could affect them.
Highlight HEALTH focuses on patient-centered topics such as genetics, biomarkers, and personalized medicine. In addition, Highlight HEALTH publishes original analysis and editorials focused on current health news, healthcare, and the use of social media in health and medicine.
About Highlight HEALTH
Highlight HEALTH is a new media news organization dedicated to educational and informative reporting on biomedical research and clinical trials. Highlight HEALTH promotes advances in biomedical research, encourages health literacy to improve self-management, and provides credible, reliable sources of health and medical information. More information is available at the Highlight HEALTH website: www.highlighthealth.com