Bharatbook.com added a new report on "Stakeholder Opinions: Biomarkers in Rheumatology - Awaiting the next step towards personalized medicine" into its market report catalogue for reselling.
Online PR News – 26-January-2010 – – Stakeholder Opinions: Biomarkers in Rheumatology - Awaiting the next step towards personalized medicine
The growing recognition from companies of the applied benefits from biomarkers in rheumatology has spurred commercial interest in this field. Despite the lack of major advancements, the hope remains that soon rheumatologists will be able to predict response to expensive biologic therapies and match specific treatments to patients based upon biomarker profiles. ( http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=130026&rt=Stakeholder-Opinions-Biomarkers-in-Rheumatology-Awaiting-the-next-step-towards-personalized-medicine.html )
* Classification and overview of biomarkers used in routine clinical practice across five rheumatology indications.
* Identification of potentially promising future biomarkers and assays with insight from key opinion leaders from the seven major markets.
* Overview of key companies actively involved in biomarker R&D, with review of latest data presented at international rheumatology conferences.
* Assessment of the market impact of biomarkers across different facets including: diagnosis, drug development and clinical trial design, and treatment.
Future biomarkers will help stratify patient subgroups, aid treatment positioning and healthcare costs, but a personalized approach will ultimately lead to market fragmentation. As competition among marketed products increases, biomarkers and a shift towards market stratification is one way of ensuring new products get to market and find a niche.
Oncology leads the way with a personalized medicine approach, but unless there is a significant breakthrough, rheumatologists estimate this tailored treatment approach will be a minimum of 5 years away for chronic diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis.
Ensuring that biomarker assays have adequate and extensive reimbursement is vital for uptake, and will involve demonstrating cost-effectiveness through clinical trials and healthcare economics. While necessary, this will be expensive, and there is also the risk that if not cost-effective, novel biomarker assays could be excluded from clinical use.
Reasons to Purchase
* Understand the drivers and resistors behind biomarker identification and validation, and learn which biomarkers have the greatest future potential.
* Learn which companies are active in the biomarker field, what approaches they are adopting and the commercialization issues they face.
* Appreciate the potential market impact form a personalized treatment approach in rheumatology, with case studies from other fields of medicine.
To know more and to buy a copy of your report feel free to visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=130026&rt=Stakeholder-Opinions-Biomarkers-in-Rheumatology-Awaiting-the-next-step-towards-personalized-medicine.html
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook