Bharatbook.com added a new report on "Non-Traditional Players in Retail Banking: The Customer Opportunity" Discusses the opportunities that exist in the market for non-traditional providers, and the threats to their prospects for success.
Online PR News – 26-January-2010 – – Non-Traditional Players in Retail Banking: The Customer Opportunity
The financial crisis has had a huge impact upon the banking world. Many established banks have been weakened, subject to tougher regulation, and suffering from diminished trust. This has created an opening for non-traditional providers to move in and take advantage of their stronger reputations. However, they also need to be aware of obstacles, such as customer inertia, that stand in their way. ( http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=130030&rt=Non-Traditional-Players-in-Retail-Banking-The-Customer-Opportunity.html )
* Strengths that can provide non-traditional entrants with a competitive edge over established banks, such as expertise in customer analytics.
* Weaknesses that such providers need to deal with, such as high levels of customer inertia and the difficulties faced in selling advice-led products.
* Opportunities that will benefit these institutions, for example technological developments lowering the costs of entry.
* Threats that exist to the wellbeing of new, non-traditional providers, such as lack of expertise in the provision of financial services.
Expertise in database management and customer analytics gives supermarkets and other retailers a competitive advantage over the banks when it comes to marketing products and services.
Non-traditional providers will find it extremely difficult to overcome the high degree of inertia in the current account market.
Not having launched operations in the immediate aftermath of the banking crisis means that prospective entrants may have missed their best window of opportunity to win over disaffected customers.
Reasons to Purchase
* Presents case studies of providers who have already entered, or are in the process of entering, the financial services industry.
* Highlights the main strengths that new entrants to retail banking can exploit, as well as the weaknesses they need to contend with.
* Discusses the opportunities that exist in the market for non-traditional providers, and the threats to their prospects for success.
To know more and to buy a copy of your report feel free to visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=130030&rt=Non-Traditional-Players-in-Retail-Banking-The-Customer-Opportunity.html
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook