Bharatbook.com added a new report on "Stakeholder Insight: Hepatitis B & C in Asia - China, South Korea, Taiwan and Turkey" Examine the current brand perception of HBV and HCV drugs.
Online PR News – 25-January-2010 – – Stakeholder Insight: Hepatitis B & C in Asia - China, South Korea, Taiwan and Turkey
China, Taiwan, South Korea and Turkey represent highly endemic areas for viral Hepatitis. For this report, 180 high-prescribing physicians where surveyed in these countries, providing a breakdown of numbers of treated patients and the most frequently prescribed regimens. ( http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=130025&rt=Stakeholder-Insight-Hepatitis-B-C-in-Asia-China-South-Korea-Taiwan-and-Turkey.html )
* Current epidemiology of HBV and HCV, including prevalence, diagnosis and treatment rates as well as patient split by line and choice of therapy
* A detailed examination of the numbers of patients on each line of therapy, which drugs they are taking and for what reasons
* Evaluation of the reasons underlying prescription choices and the level of influence they exert
* An assessment of key unmet needs in HBV and HCV, physician awareness and perception of products in development for HCV
While HBV vaccination and blood screening practices have reduced the prevalence of hepatitis B and C, the disease burden in East Asia still remains significantly higher than in the 7MM. Prevalence of HBV across China, South Korea and Turkey ranges from 4-8% but exceeds 10% in Taiwan. The prevalence of HCV across these countries ranges from 1-4%.
Zeffix and Baraclude, either alone or in combination with other antiviral agents, are the most frequently prescribed drugs to treat hepatitis B.
Treatment regimens for HCV across the four countries are more uniform due to the availability of only a few therapeutic options. In all four markets, Pegasys and ribavirin is the most frequently prescribed combination for first line therapy. Options for second line are limited if patients fail on current standard of care.
Reasons to Purchase
* Enhance your commercial positioning through an improved understanding of the HBV and HCV market dynamics in the investigated territories
* Examine the current brand perception of HBV and HCV drugs and identify opportunities for better product positioning
* Understand the patient and market potential for viral hepatitis drugs in Asia
To know more and to buy a copy of your report feel free to visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=130025&rt=Stakeholder-Insight-Hepatitis-B-C-in-Asia-China-South-Korea-Taiwan-and-Turkey.html
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook