Linzi Stoppard Fronts Charity Music Campaign
01/23/2010

Linzi Stoppard & Ben Lee support cancer charity CLIC Sargent by raising funds through Practice-a-thon competition and a slot at Glastonbury for the lucky winner...

Online PR News – 23-January-2010 – – linzi stoppard and her violin duo FUSE lends support to CLIC Sargent’s Practice-a-thon campaign

Electric violinist Linzi Stoppard (daughter-in-law of author Sir Tom and family expert Dr Miriam Stoppard OBE) invited one lucky talented young musician or band aged 13-24 the opportunity to perform with her at Glastonbury festival.

Children with cancer charity CLIC Sargent is behind the initiative which aims to promote Practice-a-thon, a way to encourage young people to practice their music and raise money for children with cancer “This is a fantastic opportunity to play at this world renowned festival and raise awareness about the work CLIC Sargent does to support children with cancer,” says Linzi “I’m thrilled to be a part of this exciting competition and look forward to sharing a stage at Glastonbury next to some fresh, young talent.

Practice-a-thon is a musical fundraising initiative aimed at children and young people in the UK. The premise behind the event is simple; young musicians commit to playing their instruments for a two week period, whilst asking friends and family to sponsor them. The money raised is then donated to CLIC Sargent to support children with cancer.

The Practice-a-thon initiative has been running successfully for several years and with the help of young musicians across the UK, it has raised over half a million pounds. This year CLIC Sargent hopes to recruit 50,000 young musicians and raise around £140,000.

Schools across the country were invited to hold their own events in the run up to the world famous festival. Out of the total sponsorship raised, 25% is put back into the school or music group while the remaining 75% is donated to CLIC Sargent.

More information visit:
http://www.clicsargent.org.uk/Getinvolved/practiceathon/Celebritysupporters
http://www.electricstringquartet.com

visit our website