Recruitment specialists Plexus Medical has now gained legal migration agent status. Catering specifically to health professionals, they are now able to provide expert advice on visas for foreign citizens to immigrate and work in Australia.
Online PR News – 03-June-2009 – – MELBOURNE, VIC – A team member of Plexus Medical Recruitment, a leading Australian healthcare recruitment agency, has recently gained Registered Migration Agent status (MARN 0854268). While Plexus Medical has previously helped thousands of health professionals find work in Australia and New Zealand, the newly granted Agent status allows the company to provide legally qualified professional immigration advice to all applicants.
"Plexus provides a seamless, efficient and hassle-free transition into healthcare jobs in Australia and New Zealand for overseas trained and qualified doctors, nurses, other health professionals and their families," said Gillian Emond, Managing Director of Plexus Medical Recruitment. "Having the Agent status means that we will now be able to offer overseas trained doctors and nurses more extensive services and counseling - ensuring a smoother transition and placement," said Emond.
The 2009 Australian Federal Budget introduced a 20% cut in the intake of the number of skilled migrants into the country, bringing the number down to 108,000. While medical and nursing occupations still remain highly in demand, it is now exceedingly important for foreign citizens interested in working in Australia to seek professional advice and assistance. The process of relocation to Australia requires much complex coordination between various parties. Plexus aims to simplify this process by undertaking the visa application process on behalf of the candidate.
As a Registered Migration Agent, Plexus is a member of the Migration Institute of Australia (MIA) – the professional association for Australian migration service providers worldwide. All MIA members are compulsorily required to undertake a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training program in order to promote and maintain high levels of excellence in providing migration services.
As a result of its new Agent status, Plexus Medical is now able to provide more services than before, including but not limited to:
• Superior candidate-position-employer matching.
• Professional and personalized advice about the most appropriate visa to apply for depending on individual needs.
• Visa applications for temporary and permanent migrants to Australia.
• Extensions and renewals of current visa.
• Advice and assistance if candidate needs to change current employer or sponsor.
• Applications to change type of visa to different subclass.
• Applications for Permanent Residency.
• Liaising with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) on behalf of the client.
• Assistance with the logistics of relocating including travel, health requirements etc.
• Information for employers about employing overseas qualified professionals.
• Assistance with any migration related issues with services extended to those current visa holders experiencing visa-related problems as well.
Plexus migration services are available free of charge for those using the company’s recruitment services. For clients that wish to only use the Plexus Migration Service, fees and charges apply and will be discussed with the individual client.
"Our team is comprised of health professionals who have migrated to Australia and therefore the advice we provide is not only professional, but also draws from our personal experience in the field. Our local knowledge combined with our professional experience helps us provide the ideal assistance to all our clients," said Emond.
About Plexus Medical Recruitment:
Plexus Medical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment service and registered migration agent providing professional advice to employers and potential employees in the health industry. Plexus Medical is made up of a team of health professionals providing advice on working and immigrating to Australia as well as helping with job recruitment.