Website offers news and reviews of hottest hits plus little-known gems
Online PR News – 16-September-2011 – – AUSTIN, Texas — Movie fans have even more reasons to make DVD and Blu-ray website DiscDish.com their one-stop destination for entertainment news and reviews. After extensive reworking, the site has relaunched with a new navigation system, new features and more detailed information on every featured movie and TV show.
DiscDish.com’s expert editorial team is dedicated to introducing fans to the most notable DVD and Blu-ray releases, whether they’re the biggest Hollywood hit movies, such as "Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon"; acclaimed independent films, like "Road to Nowhere"; award-winning foreign films, like "In a Better World"; or even titles that are worthy of attention simply because of their cast ("13" with Mickey Rourke, Jason Statham, 50 Cent and others) or status (the infamous Warren Beatty flop "Ishtar"). And the site’s revised navigation makes it easier for fans to find films they’ll enjoy. Here are highlights of the new features:
• The website’s more than 2,000 write-ups of DVD, Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D releases can be searched for by genre, studio or person, including actors, directors and others. For example, a fan of Bradley Cooper can find him in the "DVD and Blu-ray Discs By Person" list and click through to all of DiscDish.com’s write-ups about the actor’s work. Or horror fanatics can find a link to DiscDish.com’s recommended scary releases on the "DVD and Blu-ray Discs By Genre" page.
• Search lists are easily accessible from the site’s top navigation bar as well as in the right-hand sidebar.
• Each disc write-up offers links to help readers find more works from the actors, director, genre and studio, as well as such broader categories as Blu-ray. For example, on the article about the "Crazy Stupid Love" DVD and Blu-ray, links under the headline guide fans to more romantic comedies and more movies or TV shows starring Steve Carell and Ryan Gosling.
• At the bottom of each article or review, DiscDish.com recommends other discs based on the genre and actors of the movie or TV show featured on the page.
• For readers who decide a DVD, Blu-ray or Blu-ray 3D release is worth taking home, DiscDish.com offers one-click access to the discs at not one, but four leading retailers for purchasing or renting the title.
DiscDish.com’s database of DVD and Blu-ray descriptions and reviews are designed to give readers all the information they need to decide if the disc is something they want to buy, rent or ignore. Each page offers a synopsis, notable cast members, release dates, pricing and any included special features, as well as critics’ reviews and trailers.
And the website’s reviews contain not only expert opinions on the film or TV show, but also the general quality of the video and audio on high-definition Blu-ray and whether the special features are worth a look. DiscDish.com’s reviews also contain quick at-a-glance specs and ratings for each disc.
As well as its extensive DVD and Blu-ray information, DiscDish.com continues to entertain readers with interviews featuring such actors as Julianne Moore ("Chloe") and Malcolm McDowell ("A Clockwork Orange") and directors as Terry Gilliam ("The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus") and Catherine Hardwicke ("Red Riding Hood"); quizzes about movies and celebrities; and commentary on cultural icons with a DVD and Blu-ray twist. And the website regularly gives away DVD and Blu-ray discs, from hit films, to foreign titles and fan-favorite TV shows.
Launched in February 2010, DiscDish.com was created by veteran home entertainment editors Samantha Clark and Laurence Lerman, formerly of "Video Business" magazine, the home entertainment sister publication of "Variety." Together with the website’s expert DVD and Blu-ray reviewers, the DiscDish.com staff has more than 50 years experience in the movie industry. DiscDish.com (www.discdish.com) covers mainstream movies and the most notable independent films, serving up news about DVD and Blu-ray releases, reviews and interviews.
Samantha Clark, Editor, DiscDish.com | 213.840.1839, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurence Lerman, Editor, DiscDish.com | 212.683.1242, email@example.com