Visitors to stand K12 will get a first-hand view of the new LayScan measurement system and the latest CenterScan 2010 eccentricity gauge, as well as other measurement solutions
Online PR News – 26-August-2011 – – Bangkok, Thailand – Beta LaserMike, a leading global provider of precision measurement and control solutions, will show manufacturers at the Wire Southeast Asia 2011 conference how its non-contact measurement solutions will help them better control and improve product quality, reduce material consumption, and increase productivity. Wire Southeast Asia 2011 is being held at the Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre in Thailand from September 13 – 15.
Beta LaserMike’s new LayScan measurement system (patent pending) accurately and consistently measures the lay length of twisted pairs used in telecommunication cables. The system uses optical, non-contact measurement technology to perform on-line, high-speed lay length measurements with accuracies to 1 mil. Providing high-data rate capabilities, LayScan precisely determines the variations in lay length within each lay. Systematic lay variations that are typically caused by twinning and cabling operations can be readily observed and measured. A data acquisition system effectively collects and processes the lay length data, and reports the measurement results.
Beta LaserMike’s will also exhibit its latest CenterScan 2010 system. CenterScan 2010 provides on-line, high-speed eccentricity measurement of wire and cable insulation over a solid or stranded core without touching the product. Highly sensitive magnetic and optical technology precisely determines the location of the conductor and insulated wire. This information is instantly processed to provide eccentricity, diameter, and ovality measurements, as well as detect product flaws. The system has a compact design, includes robust electronics, is factory calibration, and provides accurate product positioning to give manufacturers numerous production and competitive advantages.
In addition to the LayScan and CenterScan 2010 systems, Beta LaserMike will demonstrate the following measurement and control solutions at the three-day event:
• LaserSpeed, a revolutionary non-contact laser encoder that directly measures length and speed to +0.05% accuracy. Designed as a direct replacement for error-prone, high-maintenance contact tachometers.
• AccuScan, an advanced laser gauge that delivers non-contact measurement of diameter and ovality for increased manufacturing accuracy.
• UltraScan, a powerful and unique ultrasonic gauge that provides non-contact precision measurement of tube wall thickness, eccentricity, diameter, and ovality.
• LN Detector, a sophisticated infrared gauge that instantly detects changes in cable diameter (lumps or neckdowns) to immediately alert operators of product faults.
• High-Frequency Spark Tester, a high-performance testing device checks cable insulation quickly and accurately without slowing down your process.
• BenchMike, a table-top system that provides fast, accurate, and repeatable measurements of cut cable samples and immediate feedback for out-of-tolerance conditions.
• DataPro, a simple-to-operate process controller and data management system that continuously monitors tube and pipe dimensions and automatically controls the line to keep production processes and product quality under control.
• SRL Pro, a powerful tool that provides on-line structural return loss (SRL) prediction and analysis. SRL Pro monitors process variables at extremely high speeds and identifies potential causes of SRL problems on datacom cable insulation lines in real time.