Spiceworks introduces its latest tool, the help desk iPhone app offers users network management capabilities and mobile access to help desk.
Online PR News – 24-August-2011 – – Free Help Desk iPhone App Brings Spiceworks Users Mobile Access to Help Desk, Network Management Capabilities, and the Largest Social Business Network for IT
AUSTIN, Texas – February 24, 2011 – Spiceworks™ Inc., today announced the release of Spiceworks for the iPhone – a new mobile application that allows the 1.3 million users of Spiceworks to connect with peers, access the help desk, and manage their IT networks from the iPhone. The new help desk iPhone app, which has already ranked among the top 30 free business apps in iTunes, can be downloaded at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spiceworks/id420457472?mt=8.
""IT professionals spend much of the day away from their desks fixing and deploying network equipment or helping employees troubleshoot problems,"" said Francis Sullivan, co-founder and CTO of Spiceworks. ""That's why facilitating mobile management of IT products and services is so important. Our new help desk app helps by allowing users to tap into the power of Spiceworks whenever and wherever they need it.""
Key mobile IT management features available in the help desk iPhone app include:
• Help Desk – allows IT pros to open, access, edit and manage Spiceworks help desk tickets from the iPhone.
• Inventory & Monitoring – enables users to view the status of their servers, software applications and cloud services. As a result, IT professionals on the go can stay informed about the health of important network services and devices.
• People View – allows IT pros to access employee contact information from Spiceworks. In addition, they can easily upload employee photos taken with the iPhone to their Spiceworks user profiles.
• Community Access – gives users a way to view posts, answer questions, ask for help, and comment on topics that spark their interests from the Spiceworks community of IT pros – all from their iPhone.
• Low Bandwidth Requirements – because this is a native application, the amount of data sent between the iPhone and Spiceworks is very lean, which means it performs well over a VPN or 3G mobile network.
""No matter where I am, Spiceworks allows me to keep tabs on my network and find the help and products I need to get my job done,"" said Philip L. Moya, Jr., IT Manager, San Antonio Kidney Disease Center. ""The help desk app is another example of how Spiceworks is providing new ways to simplify my workday and better manage everything IT.""
The Spiceworks social business network for IT combines free network management, network monitoringand help desk software with a rapidly growing and active Facebook-like community of IT professionals. Organizations of all sizes use Spiceworks to collaborate with each other and support the management of both cloud-based and on-premise technology products and services.
More information on Spiceworks can be found at http://www.spiceworks.com. Follow Spiceworks on Twitter: http://twitter.com/spiceworks. Connect with Spiceworks on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Spiceworks. Search for available career and networking opportunities on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/companies/spiceworks.
Founded in 2006, Spiceworks™ is the world’s largest and fastest growing social business network for IT. By combining free IT management software with a Facebook-like community, Spiceworks helps over 1.3 million IT professionals to discover, buy and manage $214 billion worth of technology products and services each year. Spiceworks is headquartered in Austin, Texas and backed by Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), Austin Ventures and Shasta Ventures. For more information visit http://www.spiceworks.com.
Spiceworks is a trademark and Voice of IT is a registered trademark of Spiceworks, Inc. All other names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.