The Saloon At The Tom Quick Inn Will open up to Live Entertainment.The Saloon is Located in Milford,PA.
Online PR News – 28-July-2011 – – The Saloon at Tom Quick Inn is proud to announce regularly scheduled live music acts.
Our first scheduled act, the highly popular local band, Friends of Mine who will be doing acoustic only concert this Friday night July 29th at 8:30pm
For those not familiar with Tom Quick Inn, The Saloon is at the side entrance of the Tom Quick Inn.
About Friends Of Mine
Friends Of Mine is making an impact locally and regionally around the Tristate area. Formed in January 2010 in Milford Pennsylvania, the band started to cover songs from the 1990s to the present. They decided that there were far too many bands in the area that play blues and classic rock. So they agreed to try something different. The results were a little slow at first, but after rehearsing for s...everal months they knew they were in for something good. Their first gig was at 7th Street Coffee in Milford as a trio. Soon after that they met Sandy Bookey a drummer/bass player who had played the blues circuit for years. Sandy joined after hearing the band at 7th Street. A few more rehearsals with the low end punch of bass and kick and they were ready. So now the band does what they do best covering such artists as Coldplay, Snow Patrol, John Mayer, Amos Lee, Kings of Leon, Ray LaMontagne, Mat Kearney, Howie Day, Lifehouse, U2, Finger Eleven, Foo Fighters and more! With a few originals thrown in for good measure.
About Tom Quick Inn
History Of Tom Quick Inn Thomas Quick Sr., father of Tom Quick, emigrated from Holland to America and settled one half mile north of this Inn in 1733. He was the first European settler in this part of the Upper Delaware. His log cabin, sawmill, and gristmill, were built on the banks of the Vander Mark Creek and were the first structures ever erected by a European in the settlement of this region. Tom Quick Inn is actually two different inns, the Terwilliger House circa 1880 and the Centre Square House built in 1882. Milford locals enjoyed the inns. During late 1940’s both buildings were combined by Bob Phillips Sr. and then renamed the Tom Quick Inn. The Inn became a popular spot for socialites of the Port Jervis community who would ride their bicycles to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Minisink Valley, then have a leisurely lunch or dinner. The Inn has long been a place for good times and great food. Today it is one of the historic inns of Milford that maintains the fine traditions of the past with great service and the highest quality food and drink.